MTA New York City Bus & MTA Bus Company Pending Bus Contracts

Chargerdodge9

Sooooooooooooooo they are looking to see if the Orion Vs out at Staten Island are going to last....two more years.....I don't think the Staten Island units can even last one more year of abuse, bulkheads falling off the bus, frame cracks, rusting frames, axle damage, etc etc etc.....

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sooooooooooooooo they are looking to see if the Orion Vs out at Staten Island are going to last....two more years.....I don't think the Staten Island units can even last one more year of abuse, bulkheads falling off the bus, frame cracks, rusting frames, axle damage, etc etc etc.....

But we have to keep delaying the 690 bus order to not hurt MTS's feelings. Awesome.

But we have to keep delaying the 690 bus order to not hurt MTS's feelings. Awesome.

It's not 690, 600 for Nova/New Flyer, 90 for MTS and whomever else.

The only reason this order is being pushed back is also to see how well these Orion Vs can hold up. They are examining the fleet out there in S.I pretty closely lately. The RTSs already have a projected timeline as to when they'll be taken off the road seeing as how well their bodies are holding up. The Orion V scenario is an anomaly since it involves Staten Island, Queens and The Bronx, Staten Island being worse for wear.

The only reason this order is being pushed back is also to see how well these Orion Vs can hold up. They are examining the fleet out there in S.I pretty closely lately. The RTSs already have a projected timeline as to when they'll be taken off the road seeing as how well their bodies are holding up. The Orion V scenario is an anomaly since it involves Staten Island, Queens and The Bronx, Staten Island being worse for wear.

If they keep pushing this order back this situation is going to look similar to the one back in the mid 90's, when all of the 15 year old RTS' were falling apart and literally corroding. To this day I'm still surprised they rehabbed so many of them.

Wait, but that makes no sense. They already know they Vs are starting to fail. Why are they delaying an order that might become an emergency any day now? Deliveries wouldn't start until 2014 at the earliest anyways, right?

Wait, but that makes no sense. They already know they Vs are starting to fail. Why are they delaying an order that might become an emergency any day now? Deliveries wouldn't start until 2014 at the earliest anyways, right?

Totally agree with what your saying...

Exactly lol

Just the :nyct: never thinks like that and it looks like it could comeback to bite them.

Not exactly, the ones outside of Staten Island are holding up a little better than expected, hence why they are studying the Orion V Fleet out at Staten Island to see what can be done to hold onto those buses for another two years.

The 6000's at CS did good and we keep getting Staten Island junk. That's why all the Orion V's are doing bad and even sound bad. If they were never moved Staten Islands Orions would of dropped and The Bronx and Queens Orion V's will be in good condition. I don't think the original 600's from CS would of lasted as long as they did if they were in Staten Island.

Why do Staten Islands buses get so bad. I mean even those 8000's from CA were dirty scratched up and needed to be worked on and QV's Orion VII 3G's left basically new. I can only imagine them now -_-

The 6000's at CS did good and we keep getting Staten Island junk. That's why all the Orion V's are doing bad and even sound bad. If they were never moved Staten Islands Orions would of dropped and The Bronx and Queens Orion V's will be in good condition. I don't think the original 600's from CS would of lasted as long as they did if they were in Staten Island.

Why do Staten Islands buses get so bad. I mean even those 8000's from CA were dirty scratched up and needed to be worked on and QV's Orion VII 3G's left basically new. I can only imagine them now -_-

lol... The local buses pass through a lot of ghetto areas on Staten Island, especially where the housing projects are   Combine that with a lack of maintenance and violà... Dirty scratched up buses....   <_< 

*raises hand*

What if we just sink Staten Island?

*sits back down*

I swear, sometimes people act like Staten Island is worlds away.

Anyway I had a laugh.

Simple... Don't let Yukon have them...  <_<

Too late. Why should anyone else (well perhaps LGA) have to suffer?

I'm not going to lie, Orion V's in The Bronx and Queens were bad too in the way back. Not as bad as Staten Island, but bad in their own right.

Speaking of which it was very detectable back then. There would be a shiny Orion V on the M1 or something, and then a beat up one would come screeching in as the Q32. Now that speaks volume.

lol... The local buses pass through a lot of ghetto areas on Staten Island, especially where the housing projects are   Combine that with a lack of maintenance and violà... Dirty scratched up buses....   <_< 

I'll testify to that. You also have the suburban wangsters that leave their mark of an unreadable tag on the seats and windows, so that adds up as well.

Well that was an old 1993 or 1994 unit on the Q32. CS did maintain their Orion V's before but now that's different I guess they don't care they just want to get rid of the Orion V's faster. I wouldn't blame them I remember 6126 was loud and there are many that are very dirty.

Well that was an old 1993 or 1994 unit on the Q32. CS did maintain their Orion V's before but now that's different I guess they don't care they just want to get rid of the Orion V's faster. I wouldn't blame them I remember 6126 was loud and there are many that are very dirty.

Yeah, some good ones here in there. They really have improved since then in terms of maintenance.

Yeah, some good ones here in there. They really have improved since then in terms of maintenance.

I remember the 8000's coming to QV for Staten Island. They were all dirty scratched up and slow. CS's maintenance isn't as good as it used to be. The LFSA's are dirty and some sound bad and the Orion V's I can tell they had enough of them since they had Orion's for 20 years. The Orion VII's and Orion VII's Next Generations seem to be cared for better.

I remember the 8000's coming to QV for Staten Island. They were all dirty scratched up and slow. CS's maintenance isn't as good as it used to be. The LFSA's are dirty and some sound bad and the Orion V's I can tell they had enough of them since they had Orion's for 20 years. The Orion VII's and Orion VII's Next Generations seem to be cared for better.

Typical, but only so much can be done. I definitely prefer buses in excellent condition, but after so long the buses age regardless. In some cases resources aren't put into upkeep due to an already aging fleet. Screw it and wait for replacements I guess.

*raises hand*

What if we just sink Staten Island?

*sits back down*

40040091.jpg

NO. <_<

None of them sound bad....they are dirty because of passengers and the fact that the Q44 runs overnight...they CLEAN the buses, its just the buses are out there at all hours of the day and night...

Simple... Don't let Yukon have them...  <_<

Ironically enough, they were taking the brunt of the shortages out in S.I....they yanked buses from Charleston to make service.

Topography, bumps that literally bounce you out of the seat (love that lol) and something else I'm probably forgetting.

Archived