MTA New York City Bus & MTA Bus Company Pending Bus Contracts

Chargerdodge9

Again, 4900-5249 are not going anywhere anytime soon. Along with a few select coaches out of the 9525-9699 batch, and maybe some others, the buses will be here until just about the end of the decade.

We already established that this order could be split between the two. However, when was the last time YOU knew of New Flyer bidding D40LFR's?

Let's make this simple. The ONLY buses qualified to take this order would be any bus that MTA has qualified.

MTA qualified buses include the New Flyer D40LF, New Flyer XD40, or Nova LFS. Any bus that has not completed an MTA shaker test will not even be considered. The LFR is not qualified, and never will be! Once the DE60LFR plan was crapped for an accelerated delivery timetable for XD60's, that whole LFR possibility went right down the drain.

What part of this have you all not understood for the last 2 years? I have explained it in 70 different ways on 6 threads, and about 200 posts.

If our message is not getting out, and we need to create a better way to keep people consistently informed, I need for all our members to post in the feedback section. We need some help, because I want to know why things need to be said 5 million times.

I'm dead serious guys. If there is something we need to change, please let it be known. Our staff is tired of repeating the same ish every day when the answers are everywhere.

I think all the info you post is perfectly clear to most of us. It's usually the same people (why are they still around...?) asking the same thing over and over again because they either: can't read, ignorant, or just looking for attention from others refuting them. Just my 2 cents.

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think all the info you post is perfectly clear to most of us. It's usually the same people (why are they still around...?) asking the same thing over and over again because they either: can't read, ignorant, or just looking for attention from others refuting them. Just my 2 cents.

Some just don't get it the first time. IMO they need a wake up call.

It's like little kids pestering their parents and not stopping until they get the answer they want. And just like those parents who can't buy their kids a pony no matter how many times they are asked, the mods can't make an MTA order for D40LFR's magically appear.

Again, 4900-5249 are not going anywhere anytime soon. Along with a few select coaches out of the 9525-9699 batch, and maybe some others, the buses will be here until just about the end of the decade.

We already established that this order could be split between the two. However, when was the last time YOU knew of New Flyer bidding D40LFR's?

Let's make this simple. The ONLY buses qualified to take this order would be any bus that MTA has qualified.

MTA qualified buses include the New Flyer D40LF, New Flyer XD40, or Nova LFS. Any bus that has not completed an MTA shaker test will not even be considered. The LFR is not qualified, and never will be! Once the DE60LFR plan was crapped for an accelerated delivery timetable for XD60's, that whole LFR possibility went right down the drain.

What part of this have you all not understood for the last 2 years? I have explained it in 70 different ways on 6 threads, and about 200 posts.

If our message is not getting out, and we need to create a better way to keep people consistently informed, I need for all our members to post in the feedback section. We need some help, because I want to know why things need to be said 5 million times.

I'm dead serious guys. If there is something we need to change, please let it be known. Our staff is tired of repeating the same ish every day when the answers are everywhere.

But if the MTA do go with a further order of 700 units,where will all those buses go? It's not like they could use them for system expansion all at once,

Wait, Is there an average mileage estimate of the RTS fleet by model year... as of this point? I just wanted to know if they're close to the EOL limit of 500,000 miles yet. Unless that has changed as well (or if I'm wrong), that's pretty of my knowledge and understanding.

But if the MTA do go with a further order of 700 units,where will all those buses go? It's not like they could use them for system expansion all at once,

It's only 90 more buses than the current fleet.

Wait, Is there an average mileage estimate of the RTS fleet by model year... as of this point? I just wanted to know if they're close to the EOL limit of 500,000 miles yet. Unless that has changed as well (or if I'm wrong), that's pretty of my knowledge and understanding.

Many of the RTS' are well past 12yr/500,000 miles. Most RTS buses aren't retired until between 750,000 to 1 million miles anyway.

It's only 90 more buses than the current fleet.

Many of the RTS' are well past 12yr/500,000 miles. Most RTS buses aren't retired until between 750,000 to 1 million miles anyway.

Any reason as to why the MTA retires buses at around 500,000 miles? Do they become less reliable afterwards or is that usually the 12 year mark?

Any reason as to why the MTA retires buses at around 500,000 miles? Do they become less reliable afterwards or is that usually the 12 year mark?

http://www.fta.dot.gov/documents/Useful_Life_of_Buses_Final_Report_4-26-07_rv1.pdf

O_o........ oh-kay............. Thanks.

NP

To get this thread back on track, is there any way of knowing how the buses, LFS & XD60's, are doing a month before the buses are awarded for this contract?

They are doing fine from what I have been told. However, MTA is in the evaluation period so we wouldn't hear any information directly from them.

i hope New Flyer wins, If the whole order goes to nova, expect passengers to riot due to the lack of room on those buses, i like the bus because its a bus that can take bumps, but it can't fit alot of people, and something is very fishy about this option order of 700 buses

i hope New Flyer wins, If the whole order goes to nova, expect passengers to riot due to the lack of room on those buses, i like the bus because its a bus that can take bumps, but it can't fit alot of people, and something is very fishy about this option order of 700 buses

How is the order fishy? Its pretty much like the NG order, with a mass extenction of buses

As long as the next order of Novas are the artics, then fine, But I don't think they should order more of the 40' buses. The layout is bad and I don't think they are very good on crowded routes. Just go with NF or some other company for the 40' buses. *imo

And the New Flyer fan-base continues....... B-)

TEAM NEW FLYER ALL THE WAY, WIN OR LOSE.

jk..... I really don't care much.

As long as the next order of Novas are the artics, then fine, But I don't think they should order more of the 40' buses. The layout is bad and I don't think they are very good on crowded routes. Just go with NF or some other company for the 40' buses. *imo

Plus, those buses would be destroyed if a large SUV or truck slammed into one. That (MTA) LIBus NG CNG that was totaled by that wreck last summer was a few inches higher above the ground than an LFS. Same accident here, and lives would be lost.

Plus, those buses would be destroyed if a large SUV or truck slammed into one. That (MTA) LIBus NG CNG that was totaled by that wreck last summer was a few inches higher above the ground than an LFS. Same accident here, and lives would be lost.

Question: What does that have to do with this threat........?

Question: What does that have to do with this threat........?

Why are you always starting something? It is something that needs to be considered since these buses are extermely low to the ground( even for Low-Floor standards). This tread (created by me btw) just states that the MTA is about a month out from awarding a bus maker the contract. That includes the LFS! Last time I checked, they were still in the game.

And let's not forget about the mattress incidents earlier this year.

And let's not forget about the mattress incidents earlier this year.

That could've happened to any bus. Also (offf-topic) doesn't CDTA run a good number of Nova's without problem.

Well, that could happen to any bus really. Just look at #5657 (a 2003 D60HF).

Great, posted before me by a few seconds.

Plus, those buses would be destroyed if a large SUV or truck slammed into one. That LIBus NG CNG that was totaled by that wreck last summer was a few inches higher above the ground than an LFS. Same accident here, and lives would be lost.

Well, that could happen to any bus really. Just look at #5657 (a 2003 D60HF).

So what's your point? Why is one incident so much different than another? I would imagine most buses have to undergo the same federal crash safety tests. You can't prevent all accidents, some things are beyond the driver's control. What a bus company can do is try and minimize damage.

Archived