MTA New York City Bus & MTA Bus Company Pending Bus Contracts

Chargerdodge9

Plus, those buses would be destroyed if a large SUV or truck slammed into one. That (MTA) LIBus NG CNG that was totaled by that wreck last summer was a few inches higher above the ground than an LFS. Same accident here, and lives would be lost.

The Nova Bus LFS wouldn't even be on the market if it wasn't designed to standard crash-resistance guidelines as well as structural durability. There is a lot of government regulation around bus designs so believe me none of the low-floor buses would be prowling the streets if they were unsafe. Frankly you're just overreacting.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see that Grand Concourse had touched on the same point as me

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for the seat arrangement on the LFS. They can easily be changed by MTA request. Like Brampton Transit 0920s LFS, they have perimeter seating. Not this face-to-face layout. Blame MTA on the seating arrangement, which can easily be changed if there is enough compliants.

Lots of things on a bus is based on a TA spec. What you see on MTA buses isn't all nessesarily standard.

Well, tell that to the tons of buffs that are worshipping these buses as if they are god's gift to earth. It's getting real old.

No one really worships them like that...well except that one kid, but that's another story

...besides, your argument can be flipped around on you and how you always talk about the Orion VIIs like they are the best thing invented.

Just saying...

No one really worships them like that...well except that one kid, but that's another story

...besides, your argument can be flipped around on you and how you always talk about the Orion VIIs like they are the best thing invented.

Just saying...

That's a lie. Yes, I like the Orion VIIs, but I don't worship them, nor do I talk about them all the time.

I'm so sick of this XD40 foaming. I just don't get what people see in those things.

We're so sick of you bitching about the damn buses and bashing others in the process. Just shut the hell up and ignore the shit like the "grown man" you claim to be....

That's a lie. Yes, I like the Orion VIIs, but I don't worship them, nor do I talk about them all the time.

You do talk about them more than you should... as has been said, if it bothers you so much, ignore it.

foaming?? im not foaming...nor do i ever foam...

and what u mean sick of these things??....oohh i see...you dont like xd40s...wow...well i like them...my favorite bus is 4883....

:lol: Just look at your handle...

We're so sick of you bitching about the damn buses and bashing others in the process. Just shut the hell up and ignore the shit like the "grown man" you claim to be....

If users actually did that instead of attacking someone over an opinion or something they hate in this case this site would be a whole lot better off. I guess it's like I said. The easiest things are becoming to hard for some people to do. With that said my opinion on the XD40s is they are decent looking buses and the same goes for Nova's LFS. As for who gets the contract well only the MTA can decide that and them only not fans. That's all I have to say on this.

Stop bringing back old shit. I haven't said a word about them in days.

That doesn't matter. We are still sick and tired of your constant bitching about them nonetheless. And I'll bring it back if I want to. YOU can't tell ME what to do, brah....

You have a problem? Deal with it or hit the bricks, bub.

I think people on this site need to IGNORE the people they say irritate them. A lot of us make the situation worse by responding to the people who are obviously trolling and I've been guilty of it too. And since the moderators are having issues with certain people, I would love to see them PERMANENTLY BAN certain people who they know take a thread to the wrong place. All of this here is getting real old real quick.

My 2 cents.

Archived