Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
KNIGHTRIDER3:16

Everybody has that type of Subway car that they cant get Enough of

I like the 160s the best. After spending an entire day in a small A div. car, the 160s feel like a mansion with all that extra space they have. You also can't beat those FIND displays... much better than strip maps. I'm counting down the days until I can work on one. The only thing I don't like about them is that the condcutor's window doesn't go all the way down since it's not a full window panel.

Edited by Donald
  • Upvote 3

R32s and R160s are my durable trains.

Totally. On the R32's its awe inspiring how tough these cars are, they are timeless, really. I'll add R143's, R40 slants and the new M8 cars on my list. Looking fowrard to seeing the R188's on the road finally in the years to come.

. But damn do I miss those PA-4'S.

Me too.

Edited by realizm

R32s, R46s (If I catch one on the (F) I go all the way to 179th and take the Q3 or Q77 home instead of getting off at Union Tpke and catching an (E). to the Q85), R68/As

Edited by Astoria Line

My favorite is the R142 and R160A, the R142 cuz they are quiet and smooth and the blinking signs and the R160A because it has my favorite Alstom propulsion system like the R142 but it also has the FINDs which makes it even better, so if they were fused together, you will never see me leave that train set.

When I was growing up I liked the Red Birds, R40's, R42's, and R32's,

Now I like R32's for the sound and for when I am railfanning and the R160's for commuting on the (M) and (J)

The R42's.i took the (J) to school and these cars never failed me in that aspect,still like em today.

Edited by Joe C