Slow decade for new buses?

You say customers prefer the more "modern" design... Interesting compared to the low amount of LFR's sold compared to LF's, even the fact that the C40LF's come from one big order speaks volumes!

A partial list of major New Flyer LF customers who switched to the LFR design (or had no problem with New Flyer discontinuing the LF design) includes SEPTA, WMATA, CTA, King County Metro, MBTA, Maryland Transit Administration, Mississauga Transit and OC Transpo.

I never rode a C40LF but it looks butt ugly IMHO. The Xcelsior is truly a beauty (except in the (MTA) livery but that's because I don't like white on blue color scheme). The LFR looks good. Not the prettiest, but good enough.

Orions I didn't actually like until their last redesign (the EPA10; especially in NICE color scheme).

NovaBus looks good from the point where they started to produce the RTS.

And of course MCI.

Gillig I don't like at all, just like NABI (except for the current NABI BRT) and Flexible.

I can't think of any more American/Canadian Bus MFs so my opinion ends here :D

I never rode a C40LF but it looks butt ugly IMHO. The Xcelsior is truly a beauty (except in the (MTA) livery but that's because I don't like white on blue color scheme). The LFR looks good. Not the prettiest, but good enough.

Orions I didn't actually like until their last redesign (the EPA10; especially in NICE color scheme).

NovaBus looks good from the point where they started to produce the RTS.

And of course MCI.

Gillig I don't like at all, just like NABI (except for the current NABI BRT) and Flexible.

I can't think of any more American/Canadian Bus MFs so my opinion ends here :D

You have a bad taste in buses. Hate the C40LF? The f*** is wrong with you?

You have a bad taste in buses. Hate the C40LF? The f*** is wrong with you?

Because he does not like 1998 Boxes with the Elmhurst tank on top, and 40 year old head light design ? Please, the C40LFR is much more aesthetically pleasing, and the Xcelsior at least got away from the box design.

Because he does not like 1998 Boxes with the Elmhurst tank on top, and 40 year old head light design ? Please, the C40LFR is much more aesthetically pleasing, and the Xcelsior at least got away from the box design.

Indeed.

Btw @jgood: I never said "I HATE IT". I just don't like the design of the C40LF. But since I never rode one I can't say whether I like it or not. I just don't like the design, that's all.

Archived