NYMTA New Flyer C40LF Partial Option Taken

The Real

Don't you mean #645-659? That's 15 buses.

No, #644-658 is 15 buses on top of the order. The Order is:

College Point 185-229 (45)

Jackie Gleason 230-265 (36)

West Farms 266-319 (54)

Jackie Gleason 320-490 (171)

Spring Creek 491-520 (30)

College Point 521-569 (49)

Spring Creek 570-599 (30)

College Point 600-643 (44)

Unassigned 644-658 (15)

No, #644-658 is 15 buses on top of the order. The Order is:

College Point 185-229 (45)

Jackie Gleason 230-265 (36)

West Farms 266-319 (54)

Jackie Gleason 320-490 (171)

Spring Creek 491-520 (30)

College Point 521-569 (49)

Spring Creek 570-599 (30)

College Point 600-643 (44)

Unassigned 644-658 (15)

Grand Total of 474 2011-2012 C40LFs

Damn

What I wanna know is how they got the old face if supposedly it was supposed to stop at 569.

Makes you wonder how many buses CTA was supposed to get. We got the bulk of the old faces and MTA Maryland took 11 of them for their brand new DE60LFs

What I wanna know is how they got the old face if supposedly it was supposed to stop at 569.

Makes you wonder how many buses CTA was supposed to get. We got the bulk of the old faces and MTA Maryland took 11 of them for their brand new DE60LFs

New flyer could've decided to make more fronts I guess,

And I still don't know why people are bashing theses buses as ugly and outdated....

IMO the bus is great looking, rather handsome

\

All a load of shit. It was easier for NFI to say that the LF was dicontinued to focus production on the LFR and devlopment of the Xcelsior. So I'll believe that NFI catered to the MTA by providing them with the "limited number" of LF faces, and then run with the money. At this point, NFI is bending over backwards just to keep revenue coming in.

The way I see it is, when New Flyer stepped in with the MTA, they should have known they were in for loads of shit.

\

All a load of shit. It was easier for NFI to say that the LF was dicontinued to focus production on the LFR and devlopment of the Xcelsior. So I'll believe that NFI catered to the MTA by providing them with the "limited number" of LF faces, and then run with the money. At this point, NFI is bending over backwards just to keep revenue coming in.

The way I see it is, when New Flyer stepped in with the MTA, they should have known they were in for loads of shit.

Actually it's not...

Our C40s were supposed to be CTA buses (they were technically the last TA to get the old face), but they couldnt afford them all. We came in and got them at a cheaper price along with MTA Maryland and their 11 buses.

If it wasn't for that, we probably would've gotten LFRs

Actually it's not...

Our C40s were supposed to be CTA buses (they were technically the last TA to get the old face), but they couldnt afford them all. We came in and got them at a cheaper price along with MTA Maryland and their 11 buses.

If it wasn't for that, we probably would've gotten LFRs

Alright, let me ask you this. Would you or do you believe that New Flyer is now making new LF fronts to complete the MTA's order?

Alright, let me ask you this. Would you or do you believe that New Flyer is now making new LF fronts to complete the MTA's order?

Yes.

New Flyer can make as many LF fronts as they want. Not sure why people are having such a hard time with this concept.

Put it this way - my employer makes various products. We come out with new products all the time and discontinue old ones, but if one of our biggest customers came along and asked us to change the front cover on one of our products to the most recent design before the current one, we would most likely do it to keep them happy. We maybe would have to go back to our vendors and ask for a special production run of parts to make the old covers and it would probably cost a little more money, but it's not really that big of a deal. I can't imagine it's any different with New Flyer and the parts needed to fabricate the LF front and back.

I think they are making new faces for the 74 order and the extra 15 now...probably getting them at a good price too since we ordered so much already

900 Buses CTA originally ordered between primary and options...... CTA only took 156, SMART took 2, MTA Maryland took 11....Do the math!

Damn, I was hoping for a separate order so we can be done with the ugly, outdated LF design already.

I wouldn't say ugly, but yeah. A more modern vehicle should have been considered.

I don't know where you guys keep coming up with all these suggestions. You don't just change a vehicle model in the middle of an order. There is a contract in place, and It's not legal. There is no other vehicle to be considered as the LF and the Xcelsior are the only two vehicles qualified by the MTA.

For the millionth time, the LFR is not approved, and we will NEVER see LFR's in NYC.

I don't know where you guys keep coming up with all these suggestions. You don't just change a vehicle model in the middle of an order. There is a contract in place, and It's not legal. There is no other vehicle to be considered as the LF and the Xcelsior are the only two vehicles qualified by the MTA.

For the millionth time, the LFR is not approved, and we will NEVER see LFR's in NYC.

Like I said in another thread....just the kiddies wishing for their Christmas gifts so soon! lol

Damn. What I was implying was the full LF order should have been a more modern vehicle (such as the LFR beginning with the order. ENY, even you assumed they were LFR's in '09. However, LF's were chosen. To alter the order now would just be pointless, aside from pleasing busfans. Anyway, just setting things straight. Just because the MTA went with LF's doesn't mean I'm going to go crying like a little 2 year old who shit his pants or wants his bottle. I'm not that serious about things, though with the behavior of some members, I would see why you would assume so.

Damn. What I was implying was the full LF order should have been a more modern vehicle (such as the LFR beginning with the order. ENY, even you assumed they were LFR's in '09. However, LF's were chosen. To alter the order now would just be pointless, aside from pleasing busfans. Anyway, just setting things straight. Just because the MTA went with LF's doesn't mean I'm going to go crying like a little 2 year old who shit his pants or wants his bottle. I'm not that serious about things, though with the behavior of some members, I would see why you would assume so.

I think you are still missing the point. The buses are LF because the LFR was not approved, so you saying the bus should have been a more modern design is null and void.

And I don't know where you are getting your information, but it's not accurate, and I NEVER said anything about the new buses being LFR's, nor did I assume they were. I'm the one who broke the story on the buses and they were always LF from day one.....

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/20730-new-flyer-c40lf-archive-thread/

Archived