NYMTA New Flyer C40LF Partial Option Taken

The Real

I was aware the LFR was not approved by the MTA, so let's drop that. Me preferring a modern design was my opinion and soley my opinion. What I don't appreciate is that you deny that you report anything regarding LFR's with the MTA. At this point, I don't give a damn. Have a great day, Dante.

I was aware the LFR was not approved by the MTA, so let's drop that. Me preferring a modern design was my opinion and soley my opinion. What I don't appreciate is that you deny that you report anything regarding LFR's with the MTA. At this point, I don't give a damn. Have a great day, Dante.

Lol! This is funny to me because you don't have to appreciate anything. I know what the hell I typed, and I do not appreciate you telling me what I did and didn't type. The difference between you and I, is the fact that I know where to find any and all posts. So please show me in the thread below which in in question where did I ever say anything about the TA getting LFR's???

http://www.nyctransi...archive-thread/

Better yet, here is the thread for all to see...... Reading goes a long way, and please don't ever say I said something again if you can't back it up. I've been doing this for way too many years to be questioned about what I said. And since you forgot a few other details, the C40LF discussion began in the summer of 2010. Not 2009.

Now chick on the link above, and you have a nice day.

I'm not taking sides but just to add on:

At the time the order was awarded, it was automatically thought that they would be for LFRs since the LF line was discontinued. Time went by and it shifted between LFRs and LFs before finally being confirmed that they were LFs.

Maybe many thought it would be LFR, however I stated otherwise from day 1 so there wouldn't be any confusion. The confusion came when people wanted to argue the point that the buses had been discontinued. That's why I linked the thread above. It was confirmed when the contract was awarded that they were in fact LF's. And it never shifted between the LF and LFR. That information was never correct. It was always LF.

My point is that the thread tells all that.

Lol! This is funny to me because you don't have to appreciate anything. I know what the hell I typed, and I do not appreciate you telling me what I did and didn't type. The difference between you and I, is the fact that I know where to find any and all posts. So please show me in the thread below which in in question where did I ever say anything about the TA getting LFR's???

http://www.nyctransi...archive-thread/

Better yet, here is the thread for all to see...... Reading goes a long way, and please don't ever say I said something again if you can't back it up. I've been doing this for way too many years to be questioned about what I said. And since you forgot a few other details, the C40LF discussion began in the summer of 2010. Not 2009.

Now chick on the link above, and you have a nice day.

Man, I'd hate to bring this up again, but I feel it is nessacary to have closure on the subject.

My most deepest apoligies to you. After reading the archive thread, I see you were correct with the order being all LF from the beginning. However at the same time I found a post (#194) by (I really hate to bring him in to this) Vintage Soul that read:

So found out a few minutes ago, the order has a modification, the C40LF order is coming in as C40LFRs after all! New Flyer is pushing an extra cost for the old face and the MTA is not paying for the extra cost!

WHOOHOO!!!!!! New Flyer C40LFR CNG Low Floors!

...with a proceeding post (#197) by you that read:

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! Thank you for that update!! I had a feeling New Flyer was going to push for the LFR!

Damn, I can't wait to see this bad boy in MTA livery! I can already feel the foam starting to form around the corners of my mouth!

Don't judge me!

In addition, you gave an overview, in post #230, @ http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/20730-new-flyer-c40lf-archive-thread/page__st__220.

C40LFR Overview

New Flyer C40LFR $61,424,152 base order est.

-135 MTA spec coaches($454,993.72), Cummins Westport ISL G EPA 2010, 8.9L, 280 hp, Allison B400R, Thermo King HVAC, hydraulic cooling system, LED headlamps, disk brakes

*2 Pilots set for delivery in April 2011. Delivery of remaining 133 buses expected to begin December 2011, and run through April 2012.

*Fleet 7820-7954, or 7850-7984 expected.

*Buses are expected to go to College Point, Gleason, Spring Creek, and West Farms depots.

Fleet numbers, specs, and other info subject to change. Different bus configurations may be tested as well.

MTA has until August of 2011 to exercise the optional order of 340 additional buses. Under the current contract, 183 of the buses will go to NYCT, and 157 will go to MTAB. Delivery of all buses would be expected by December of 2012. During contract negotiations, New Flyer and MTA discussed the performance of the C40LF's at Gleason, as well as further proposals, pilot testing, exceptions to the technical specifications of the new buses, and a few other issues. At contract award, the C40LFR, was not approved for structural reasons, and would need to go through extensive testing before the MTA would go with that model. At this time, the TA will continue foreward opting for the LFR variant. When the pilots arrive in April of 2011, they will begin what will be one of the most extensive testing programs in MTA history. One of the buses will be used for 90 days of in-service testing and training. The other will be used for configuration audit, systems validation, and qualification testing.

The belief that the MTA would recieve LFR's continued until your post (#253):

Breaking News! As I originally reported last summer (at the start of this thread) the MTA has in fact gone with the C40LF, and NOT the C40LFR. I was told the first pilot bus off the assembly line failed MTA's audit inspection, and had to be modified. All is supposedly going well now, and the buses will be on the way!

Stay tuned!!:cool:

So I will say this. I was wrong about the date, and your original post stating they would be LF's. However, what stuck in my mind was the disscussion of the buses being LFR's, so that is what I remember. Of course this is all irrelavant now.

I just have one last thing to say. I know you get a lot of shit from foamers and from posters on other disscussion boards, so it is obvious that you would hate someone doubting you, especially because you're in the industry. And you have every right to be annoyed, but when you come up with an agressive front like the one you displayed, it just brings larger conflict.

I'm not an antagonist. I truly hate to argue, so I'm sorry if I came off as an prick. To avoid future conficts, I ask that we put this behind us.

It's not a problem at all. I knew what you were referencing after the fact, so I made sure I linked the post again. That was partially my fault for not double-checking to make sure it was still LF's. Instead, I just went ahead with what was posted. Then I got a call from my NFI guys saying who the hell changed it to LFR? lol

No worries.

I don't know where you guys keep coming up with all these suggestions. You don't just change a vehicle model in the middle of an order. There is a contract in place, and It's not legal. There is no other vehicle to be considered as the LF and the Xcelsior are the only two vehicles qualified by the MTA.

For the millionth time, the LFR is not approved, and we will NEVER see LFR's in NYC.

So when will we see an Xcelsior CNG for testing so that my great grandchildren won't have to look at C40LF's ?

So when will we see an Xcelsior CNG for testing so that my great grandchildren won't have to look at C40LF's ?

Won't you think by that time all those buses will be retired anyway? Even if we did get XN40's, buses only stay in service for 12- 15 years now.

Something struck me odd when I saw buses that were numbered higher than 569 a few days ago in a pic. This clarifies everything...

No no no that's not clarifiying anything

570-643 is the second option...for SC and CP

570-599 SC

600-643 CP

Then Option 3 is the extra 14 or 15 buses (what were talking about now in this thread) 644-658 or 659

Oh I would hope not! Those buses are so ugly, they make the XD40s look good o.0! Hopefully by then the MTA could start excepting Nabi products so that we could get some Nabi 40LFW 3Gs CNGs!

What is the damn difference if a bus is ugly or pretty? This is no beauty contest. Do you think the MTA picks buses because they look good or do you think they choose a bus because it performs good and lasts long. If you don't like a bus then don't ride it, but I find it kind of silly because as long as it gets you from point A to point B your good.

I don't see what is the problem with these new members. It was already explained at least 50 times already that the C40LFR's are not approved and they still say that they should order them.

Oh I would hope not! Those buses are so ugly, they make the XD40s look good o.0! Hopefully by then the MTA could start excepting Nabi products so that we could get some Nabi 40LFW 3Gs CNGs!

No matter which Xcelsior model you order, they all pretty much look the same. Its the way the roof flare is set up

@Compobus - The Xcelsior is qualified so any futher orders for New Flyer CNG's would be XN40's which don't need to be tested.

@lilGIjoe - The 570-643 batch is not an option. It is a totally seperate contract that was originally for Orion VII's.

644-658 is option 1 of the second contract.

Archived