New and cleaned R46 cars

B41

I have been noticing that some of the R46 cars have been cleaned and they look almost brand new. Anymore would is more likely to see them on the (F) and (G) lines. Sometimes they show up on the (R).

Most R46 subway cars are as good as new, I ride them on the (F) a lot, and occasionally the (R). Before, they weren't so clean, but now they're good. The (F) is really making good use since the scratched windows have been replaced regularly. :)

Between the R32 and R46's on the E and F, looks like they will phase out the squeaking breaks on the R32 and refurbish the R46.

E and F likely wont get new cars for a long time yet since if they are refurbishing the R46's then they likely expect them to be in use for awhile yet. The R32's are just a phase out of the worse cars apparently.

Between the R32 and R46's on the E and F, looks like they will phase out the squeaking breaks on the R32 and refurbish the R46.

E and F likely wont get new cars for a long time yet since if they are refurbishing the R46's then they likely expect them to be in use for awhile yet. The R32's are just a phase out of the worse cars apparently.

Not necessarily the case. Sure, they do work to them, but they can be moved which is going to be a case soon. (E) & (F) going to see something different soon nuff, not as long as most think.....especially for the (F)....

Harry, after a few days on the (R) it will be back to the dirty color every one knows and loves. Plus I have seen several R46 sets on the (R) that look like they may have been layed-up under leaky pipes and look filthy.

Not necessarily the case. Sure, they do work to them, but they can be moved which is going to be a case soon. (E) & (F) going to see something different soon nuff, not as long as most think.....especially for the (F)....

I will believe it when I see it. Seems like all the new R160's are going on lines other than E and F to date. When I see a new car, I'll be shocked as will others.

The R46s are getitng SMSed, which means it's time they're spruced up again. They're getting new HVAC units (AC, AKA better and more efficient AC) along with the Mylar screneprotectors (much less scratchitti), and I THINK new floors. They're defnitely not the black ones though.

Harry, after a few days on the (R) it will be back to the dirty color every one knows and loves. Plus I have seen several R46 sets on the (R) that look like they may have been layed-up under leaky pipes and look filthy.

I have been seeing that a lot lately. It's all over the front ends as well as the sides. It's like they're layed-up under a leaky sewer pipe or under a rusty waterfall. The other morning I saw an R46 with half of an entire side as well as two sets of door panels covered in it. Gross! :eek:

Oh Lawdy, I rode that F line Yesterday, and those trucks on some of those cars, BANG!, into the underbody, when accelerating....Outside of that, I wish the Heepos came like themselves, but with the interior of the R46 (tan walls, wood or fake wood guards, middle isle light with two around windows, etc)....

Archived