What's the craziest thing that's ever happened to you/you've seen on NYCS?

CDTA

It happened this summer. I was on a Bronx-bound (1) train with my family when a homeless guy crossed between cars (good to see the rule against that being enforced :rolleyes:) and sat down across from my dad, brother and sister. I've never encountered a drunk person in my life so the experience kind of freaked me out.

He kept his eyes on them as he started ranting and raving in some obscure language. At the next station we, along with some other passengers made for the exit but unluckily he followed. We darted back into the train just as the doors closed but the guy continued to glare vindictively at my dad and make hand gestures as if he would kill him. There are a lot of freaky people on this planet :blink:

A Junkie threatened to slap the Sh*t outta my mom for looking at him (Though I doubt she intended to). This happened on my birthday of last year on the (E) Line (Inside the last car <_<). Luckily she went after him after we got off the train & ran up the station stairs like pu*sy afterwards...Two words...Never Again. That moment freaked me the hell out although I prepared to brance myself as ready in case if some bad sh*t was about to get real. :angry:

A lot of things like...

-A lady taking a dump between the cars

-Someone getting stabbed (I was in the next car)

-People getting their wood buffed and their carpets vacuumed

-People straight getting to work...if you know what I mean (but then again, I shouldn't be talking...)

-Numerous fights, including one where someone got thrown against the train window while I was on the other side of the window

I look at these stories and mine in particular are somewhat mild compared to some of the stories posted already:

-I took my family from Puerto Rico into the city once and my uncle sang alongside one of those Mexican guys with the guitarra on an (N) train. I was embarrassed at first, but the passengers found it pretty funny, so I let it go)

-There was a rat inside a (4) train I was on (no, it wasnt the same train with the homeless guy that's on Youtube)

-Some foamer randomly played pretend conductor yelling out "THIS IS 155TH STREET AND 8TH AVENUE" on a (D) train. When the train stopped, thank heavens he moved to the next car.

-I've went through the "Homeless Express" initiation by actually stepping into a reeking car on the (E) with just the one homeless guy in the car (but quickly ran to the next car while the doors were still open). But the kicker was when the train got to Roosevelt, this lady who looked to be on some kind of drug boarded that same car and did all these weird movements in the car all the way to 71st, but stayed in the car. She probably liked the smell :wacko:.

Ok. I was at Church Av. Just got off of an R40S (B) train. Just expecting to get on an R68 (Q) and go to Cortelyou. So I see an R32 pulling up on the Local. I only knew that there were R32s on the (E), so I was like what the f*ck... And then I saw it was a (Q). I was so shocked you would not believe my facial expression. Atleast I got another RFW right?

Ok so we are at Prospect Park, and there is a track fire down at Av J, so all (Q) trains were going Express. I took it to Church Av and got off. Then a ( Q ), yes you read that right, and R68 signed up as a 6 Av (Q) barreled down the Express for the same reason. Then finally a (Q) came down the Local, only to find out when we got on that it would be running Express on the Local because of a sick passenger. Well how the f*ck we gonna get home? Then a (B) came on the Local track. An R40S. RFW to Cortelyou FTW.

Ok so I am at Kings Highway because I want to get in on that Viaduct Express GO. So we pull up in the station on the Local. Then an (F) pulls in on the Express signed up as an (L). I thought I was seeing things. An (L)? What the hell is going on? Then it signed up as an (F) and went off in front of us. Lol.

I am at Cortelyou Road waiting for a (Q) to come uptown, this was around 9/11. Then an R46 <Q> comes barreling down the Express. I thought I would never see this in my entire life. Yes, an R46 <Q>. Couple months later I think, when they were doing work on the Manhattan Bridge, I was taking a <Q> home. I saw an R46 (Q) that had terminated at W4. I was like #squad.

So I am at 14 St, waiting to go home, take the (Q). Then all of a sudden, and (R) pulls up on the Local. Pretty normal right? Well to f*ck up your mind, an (R) pulled up on the Express. First time I have ever seen an R46 on the Broadway Express. I was begging my aunt to let us get on, but she wanted to wait for the (Q). I was so pissed that day. I might never get this again since the (R) is becoming mostly R160s. In case anyone was wondering, it did go Local after Prince St.

Trust me, I have a ton of these, you have to give me time to think.

-Some foamer randomly played pretend conductor yelling out "THIS IS 155TH STREET AND 8TH AVENUE" on a (D) train. When the train stopped, thank heavens he moved to the next car.

God I hate it when people do that. When the last H4 train ran in service in Toronto there was this one kid screaming at passengers that it was the final day of service for the train, and when it pulled into the terminus he gave some long speech about how the cars will be missed.

Listen kid... leave the announcements to the crew, please.

A lot of things like...

-A lady taking a dump between the cars

-Someone getting stabbed (I was in the next car)

-People getting their wood buffed and their carpets vacuumed

-People straight getting to work...if you know what I mean (but then again, I shouldn't be talking...)

-Numerous fights, including one where someone got thrown against the train window while I was on the other side of the window

:lol:

These ratchet bitches tagging a (G) train... I honestly wanted to curse them for that...

God I hate it when people do that. When the last H4 train ran in service in Toronto there was this one kid screaming at passengers that it was the final day of service for the train, and when it pulled into the terminus he gave some long speech about how the cars will be missed.

Listen kid... leave the announcements to the crew, please.

Yeah true, I've noticed people on the train that would audibly imitate conductor announcements like this is a threatrical event. One guy one day was on 34th street Broadway (BMT) announcing the GO's for the weekend in a very annoying way, imitating protocol anouncements as we would hear on R160s. People started getting scared with this dude lol. People in droves moving away from this guy.

This guy then looks at me and attempt to give me a high five. I looked at him and said in a polite and firm way "Do I even ----- know you??!" He walked away. I guess he got the point.

Sorry if I could'nt have worded this any better, it was just too unusual. Could be the guy was on drugs or something and just could'nt hold his stuff down whatever it was he was hitting on.

Ok. I was at Church Av. Just got off of an R40S (B) train. Just expecting to get on an R68 (Q) and go to Cortelyou. So I see an R32 pulling up on the Local. I only knew that there were R32s on the (E), so I was like what the f*ck... And then I saw it was a (Q). I was so shocked you would not believe my facial expression. Atleast I got another RFW right?

Actually, that was a regularly scheduled train. For some reason, there was an R32 set at the Coney Island Yard around 8 years ago. Back when I lived in Brighton Beach, I remember seeing it too and thinking it looked out of place.

NYCSubway.org has some old rosters, so I think it might be on it. I know it's on the 2004 roster.

So I am at 14 St, waiting to go home, take the (Q). Then all of a sudden, and (R) pulls up on the Local. Pretty normal right? Well to f*ck up your mind, an (R) pulled up on the Express. First time I have ever seen an R46 on the Broadway Express. I was begging my aunt to let us get on, but she wanted to wait for the (Q). I was so pissed that day. I might never get this again since the (R) is becoming mostly R160s. In case anyone was wondering, it did go Local after Prince St.

Isn't the (R) still mostly R46s?

For me:

The time some fatass lady on the (Q) told me to stop filming...that I was too old for that...I just went over to the door and continued my buisness of filming a crossing over the Mahattan.

And also the time some dude tried to sit on me on the (B).

Actually, that was a regularly scheduled train. For some reason, there was an R32 set at the Coney Island Yard around 8 years ago. Back when I lived in Brighton Beach, I remember seeing it too and thinking it looked out of place.

NYCSubway.org has some old rosters, so I think it might be on it. I know it's on the 2004 roster.

I didn't know that until about 5 years ago.

Isn't the (R) still mostly R46s?

R46 on the Broadway Express was the strange thing.

Archived