What's the craziest thing that's ever happened to you/you've seen on NYCS?

CDTA

The homeless lady and teenagers who threw a fit over me taking pictures at Roosevelt Ave., one of the teenagers threatened to beat me up too.

Probably cause the homeless lady was jealous of you going ahead and bringing a good ol' camera work $100+ into the subway.

The homeless lady and teenagers who threw a fit over me taking pictures at Roosevelt Ave., one of the teenagers threatened to beat me up too.

They're jealous because they're normal people and will never be able to experience the satisfaction that your hobby brings you.

:P

A few years ago, I witnessed a dad and his two toddlers on the subway...

One of them pissed their pants, and there was a piss puddle in the seat. The dad had gotten to his stop, and couldn't clean it up in time, so he just threw a tabloid over the puddle. The same stop, a lady got on, and sat down on the tabloid AND the piss puddle before anyone could stop her. I felt bad for the woman but couldn't help laughing so hard.

One of them pissed their pants, and there was a piss puddle in the seat. The dad had gotten to his stop, and couldn't clean it up in time, so he just threw a tabloid over the puddle. The same stop, a lady got on, and sat down on the tabloid AND the piss puddle before anyone could stop her. I felt bad for the woman but couldn't help laughing so hard.

LOL this just made me literally laugh out loud as I pictured it in my head.

I think I know who you guys are talking about...go on YouTube and type in (D) train kid

...he sounds familiar

-Some foamer randomly played pretend conductor yelling out "THIS IS 155TH STREET AND 8TH AVENUE" on a (D) train. When the train stopped, thank heavens he moved to the next car.

I remember seeing him once on a (D) elta maybe about a year ago, I heard he's autistic but I don't know if that's true. When I saw him announce Bay Parkway, I really felt creeped out.

One time on the (N) (I used to live in Brooklyn, with the 4th Ave line as my main way of commute into Manhattan for work or school) I had to step in from keeping one woman from knocking out another woman in the middle of AM rush hour. One lady accidentaly knocked the other lady's cup of coffee out of her hand spilling all over her clothes.

The lady that accidentaly knocked the coffee out of her hand did not know English, so I started talking to her in broken Chinese (not good at speaking Mandarin that well but have the ear for it) and realized that she was trying to apologize to the other woman but the other woman did'nt get what she was trying to say.

The irate woman tried to hit the other woman with the umbrella anyway and that's when I grabbed the umbrella while she was in full swing to keep the other girl from getting hit. Then she tried to actually punch her, and that's when I got between the two. After some words between myself and the woman who nearly decked the other, she calmed down and so I proceeded to give the woman who had her coffee accidentaly spilled all over her a hankerchief to help her clean herself up.

She was lucky that the train crew was'nt notified, she would have obviously been arrested by the time we've reached Pacific Street from 36th Street where this all happenned on the (N) while on it's express run in Brooklyn heading into Manhattan had she succeeded in landing the hit on the other girl.

Believe it or not, service was'nt disrupted technically.

- Typical homeless

- Homeless using bathroom in and in between train cars

- Homeless fighting

- Teenagers fighting

- One time I was at 1 Av (L) last year before I moved, and there was a rat on the platform, this girl got really scared and ran out of the station

- There was a fight at Astoria-Ditmars (N)(Q) with kids from my school and there was a lot of blood and pulled hair :mellow:

- Typical performers

- Seeing a kid almost jump in front of a train at Union Square :( (he pulled back at the last minute, thankfully)

- Seeing a kid almost jump in front of a train at Union Square :( (he pulled back at the last minute, thankfully)

Yeah one time on the (L) I had to drag a man out from nearly falling directly in the path of a train pulling in. I don't think he was drunk, did'nt smell alcohol but he was clearly intoxicated on something. This happened at the Manhattan terminal. CBTC and all, you know that train was pulling in at the terminal very quickly. It was a split second desicion on my part, I did'nt hesitate at all. The guy nearly killed himself!

LMAO!

• 4 weeks later...

1. Some kids jumping over the express track at Astoria Blvd.

2. Another group of kids at 30th Avenue (or Broadway?). Some of them got on, while another held on to the door on the outside. He surfed for about 20 feet or so. Next stop, another gets off the train, and surfs on it.

3. People smoking cigarettes in the car.

4. My mom once saw this guy collapse on the floor of an R68, and they had to get the paramedics on him. The doors were open, and half of his body was on the train, so it couldn't move.

5. Two rats at the end 42nd Street (A) platform running in circles, chasing each other.

6. About some weeks ago, there was this arguement between this angry guy and another guy and woman. He was leaning against the pole, but the lady had her hand on it. She moved it a bit, and the guy was like, "Could you f*cking stop, please?" or something like that. He keeps repeating the same thing, and she's quiet. The other guy comes and tries to calm down the situation, and the angry guy is like "Can you shut the f*ck up?", and the angry guy threatens the man, "You want to go to work with a busted lip?". And this goes on and on for like 10 minutes, and all the angry guy says is "Shut the f*ck up, shut the f*ck up".

(2) train. Bronx Express. Night time.

Filming out the door window. Lens pointed nowhere near anybody. Then some jackass said "are you filming me?" in that certain tone everyone knows. (Remember, lens nowhere near people) So I simply said no.

5 seconds later.......

Jackass: "You better not be or I'll break that f**king camera"

Me: "And I'll break your f**king face in." (Yes, I know. I should have said nothing, but those who know me know of my short fuse.)

And then started the minute of a constant barrage of curses coming out of our mouths.

According to the jackass, he "got me on the street". Yeah, okay. Whatever.

I have a witness who can confirm all of this to be true.

Oh my favorite was the 20-something girl on the (R), in full zombie outfit and makeup, who gets on at queens plaza and decides to hike her skirt, squat, and urinate in the back of the car.

I didn't realize what was happening at first, but I turned around when I saw her similarly made up friends running away and laughing and saying oh my god.

I turn around and there, that's happening. She sees me and retorts "DON'T LOOK AT ME". So, I reply in kind "Uh, Don't pee on the train."

The biggest question I have was why were they in zombie makeup? It wasn't halloween.

Recounting a tale my father told me some few months ago during one of our subway discussions...

Back in the early 70s, during the outbreak of the graffiti plague, and when the 'TA began it's decade of downfall, passengers too were becoming more of a 'screwy' bunch...

After dropping his then-girlfriend at home sometime around midnight sometime around spring in '74 after seeing a movie in the Bronx, he was heading back home on an R21/22 2 train, heading downtown on the White Plains Road line. Somewhere around Burke, a stout, short man with a Cambodian or Vietnamese complexion, wearing nothing but a pair of jean shorts, boards the train carrying....a sheathed samurai sword.

After the doors shut, he unsheaths the sword, and stands in the middle of the train, with two hands on the blade, staring intently at the storm door, facing my dad's side of the car, with, from what he remembers, a very grave, mentally deranged face. He does this, until a police officer boards the train at 180th (possibly was on break), walks up to this buster, points at him, and says "Put the sword down."

The idiot slashes the cop's fingers with the blade, some blood trickles right down his arm, and he pulls his gun, unlocks the safety..."Drop it. Now."

It's a cease-fire for multiple stations down, stop, and go, multiple times, as the dumbshit keeps his sword drawn, ready to strike, until 149th, when about 5 cops lunge at him the moment the doors open, and after a short scuffle, pull him and his sword away down to the station, and hopefully, Bellevue to lock this nutcase away for eternity.

It's times like this when we all take today's system for granted. Be thankful something as outrageous as this couldn't happen today, thanks to weapon safety laws, and the like.

:wacko:

^^^^

Only in NY.

That guy is very lucky cops didn't unload on him.

I have seen people urinate between cars, pull out screwdrivers (yup), bash people over the heads with chairs, kick people in the chest (while they were seated), pull down their pants, use the car as a toilet bowl (spitting and vomiting)....

I once saw this homeless women seated in her own feces. That was very sad.

One event that TOOK THE CAKE happened about three or so years ago on the (Q)....there was a derelict causing trouble on the train.

I think there might have been some back and forth with him and the conductor. The conductor apparently had enough. The guy had threatened him and the conductor pulled out a knife. The guy left the train.

I asked the conductor if he was okay, and he said he was.

Talk about taking things in your own hand.

Oh my favorite was the 20-something girl on the (R), in full zombie outfit and makeup, who gets on at queens plaza and decides to hike her skirt, squat, and urinate in the back of the car.

I didn't realize what was happening at first, but I turned around when I saw her similarly made up friends running away and laughing and saying oh my god.

I turn around and there, that's happening. She sees me and retorts "DON'T LOOK AT ME". So, I reply in kind "Uh, Don't pee on the train."

The biggest question I have was why were they in zombie makeup? It wasn't halloween.

When was this? If it was a few days after the 31st this year, perhaps it was a belated Halloween party because of the storm. Either way, I agree with your reply. Just disgusting and disturbing what that woman did.

When was this? If it was a few days after the 31st this year, perhaps it was a belated Halloween party because of the storm. Either way, I agree with your reply. Just disgusting and disturbing what that woman did.

I forgot to mention how drunk they were. I figured that was a given. But, completely wasted.

But no, it was well before Halloween. I want to say this past August.

After the doors shut, he unsheaths the sword...

Lol, samurai wannabe.

But anyway, I was surprised to almost be hit by a (C) train while videotaping one at Nostrand Ave.

Aaand I did find (and almost step on) some human turd while photographing the 207th St. Yard from 215th St.

About 4-5 months ago, I was on a Euclid-Bound (C). Throughout Brooklyn, the T/O was making strange announcements [ex. Jay St-Boro Hall, connections to Atlantic Terminal at Lafayette, etc]. I ignored it at first, but then at Nostrand, it was announced that the next stop is Broadway Junction, which made no sense at all. I also seemed to be the only person on the train to notice. Luckily, the train did stop at Kingston-Throop. When I was walking away, I heard him announce "The next stop is...Schenectady Ave. Stand clear of the closing doors."

Probably not the strangest thing to happen to me, but probably the most foam-worthy.

Oh....one more.

This was over a decade ago at the smith-9th st station on the (F) and (G).

There was a huge delay on Coney Island bound (F) trains--huge--talking over 30 minutes.

Many people need to make that transfer at the next stop, 4th av for an (R) train.

Again, one guy had had enough and took matters into his own hands: he climbed onto the tracks and started walking to the next station.

He made it.

Recounting a tale my father told me some few months ago during one of our subway discussions...

Back in the early 70s, during the outbreak of the graffiti plague, and when the 'TA began it's decade of downfall, passengers too were becoming more of a 'screwy' bunch...

After dropping his then-girlfriend at home sometime around midnight sometime around spring in '74 after seeing a movie in the Bronx, he was heading back home on an R21/22 2 train, heading downtown on the White Plains Road line. Somewhere around Burke, a stout, short man with a Cambodian or Vietnamese complexion, wearing nothing but a pair of jean shorts, boards the train carrying....a sheathed samurai sword.

After the doors shut, he unsheaths the sword, and stands in the middle of the train, with two hands on the blade, staring intently at the storm door, facing my dad's side of the car, with, from what he remembers, a very grave, mentally deranged face. He does this, until a police officer boards the train at 180th (possibly was on break), walks up to this buster, points at him, and says "Put the sword down."

The idiot slashes the cop's fingers with the blade, some blood trickles right down his arm, and he pulls his gun, unlocks the safety..."Drop it. Now."

It's a cease-fire for multiple stations down, stop, and go, multiple times, as the dumbshit keeps his sword drawn, ready to strike, until 149th, when about 5 cops lunge at him the moment the doors open, and after a short scuffle, pull him and his sword away down to the station, and hopefully, Bellevue to lock this nutcase away for eternity.

It's times like this when we all take today's system for granted. Be thankful something as outrageous as this couldn't happen today, thanks to weapon safety laws, and the like.

:wacko:

I kind of had the same encounter on a manhattan bound (N) some years ago. It was almost midnight, and a couple of teens get on at 36 St. As they walk toward me (I was at the side doors at the front of the car) I see a Kitana blade gleam from behind one of their legs. They stand one door set up from me as the train runs express to Pacific. As the train pulls in, a bunch of cops are waiting on the platform, which causes the boys to walk over to my door, slip the blade under the seat, and stand next to me to exit.

When the doors open, the cops grab ALL THREE OF US and take us to the benches. Mind you kids, I did not hoot and holler or protest, I went with the flow. One of the cops takes my ID and gets ready to grill me when her superior on word of the conductor tells her "not him, he's good". I got up and left as the boys were being questioned. The one thing I regret was not telling the cops about the blade, I was younger and I guess I didn't want any trouble on my head.

Archived