Proposal for Q7 diversion in East New York

BM5 via Woodhaven

Smart move... I could see usage picking up just on that little move alone...

I've long noticed that people don't really take the EB Q7 over @ Euclid subway all that much... Never really thought about as to why, but this makes sense - that portion along glenmore is ill used, and takes up addt'l time for folks trying to get to other connecting buses due east....

Smart move... I could see usage picking up just on that little move alone...

I've long noticed that people don't really take the EB Q7 over @ Euclid subway all that much... Never really thought about as to why, but this makes sense - that portion along glenmore is ill used, and takes up addt'l time for folks trying to get to other connecting buses due east....

simple cause it's easier to take the (A) at rockaway blvd than go all the way to euclid.

simple cause it's easier to take the (A) at rockaway blvd than go all the way to euclid.

....which has nothing to do with anything I'm saying.

I'm talking about eastbound travel on the Q7 into Queens, and you're mentioning a westbound commute back into Brooklyn on the subway.....

really by making BMs just go directly to cortelyou via ocean parkway? or eliminating mcdonald parts ? PM me how they should be streamlined?

Straight across Beverley directly onto the Expwy (allow them on the one block of Ocean Pkwy). Beverley has less traffic, probably even wider (than Cortelyou), less sharper turns, and more direct (heads straight across, where Cortelyou and Church are on a southward angle). Perhaps keep the 103 on the old route. (They moved a couple of the routes from Church to Park Circle, but not only is that not bypassing the slowest area; it's going further in local traffic).

You're completely missing the point, but whatever....

Obviously you need to watch the Q7's ridership especially pax coming off the (A) going east into queens. Most of the stops on Q7 west of rockaway blvd (A) are barely used at all. Several times I was alone till woodhaven blvd.

Straight across Beverley directly onto the Expwy (allow them on the one block of Ocean Pkwy). Beverley has less traffic, probably even wider (than Cortelyou), less sharper turns, and more direct (heads straight across, where Cortelyou and Church are on a southward angle). Perhaps keep the 103 on the old route. (they moved a couple of the routed from Church to Park Circle, but not only is that not bypassing the slowest area; it's going further in local traffic).

Interesting I had a feeling that would be a nice routing it skips the bad lights on CI ave. How badly delayed are BM buses on CI ave and cortelyou and ocean ave? the BM1 & 3. Your input would be appreciated.

In a vs which line would be faster to manhattan BM3 on normal route or Express line making BM3 stops in reverse from batchelder ave to emmonds ave and via belt parkway then shore rd express via the gowanus.

Who will win shore rd's lack of lights and the endless hwy of the belt and gowanus or will the stretch on ocean ave and CI prevail inspite of traffic lights and traffic volume?

Who will get to manhattan first you decide transit express battle.

The A train really is the reason why the Q7,Q112 doesn't get much ridership after woodhaven or lefferts blvd. I think those routes still run along the A due to coverage and for elderly. The Q112 does seem to get a little more ridership than the Q7. Sometimes the Q112 can be close to SRO and the Q7 is empty. I think the Q7 should terminate at Rockaway Blvd and if people need to go to Euclid take the Q8 which gets more riders.

The A train really is the reason why the Q7,Q112 doesn't get much ridership after woodhaven or lefferts blvd. I think those routes still run along the A due to coverage and for elderly. The Q112 does seem to get a little more ridership than the Q7. Sometimes the Q112 can be close to SRO and the Q7 is empty. I think the Q7 should terminate at Rockaway Blvd and if people need to go to Euclid take the Q8 which gets more riders.

It might also be because it's hard to find the Q7 stops if you're not from the area. As a result of this move, the Q7 and Q8 will share two eastbound stops.

Interesting I had a feeling that would be a nice routing it skips the bad lights on CI ave. How badly delayed are BM buses on CI ave and cortelyou and ocean ave? the BM1 & 3. Your input would be appreciated.

I don't know about "delays" —as far as the schedules, but I know (from 20 years ago, when I lived that way, and would take either the BM's or X29), that once you got off at Fort Hamilton, it seemed to take forever to get across; especially on Church and Cortelyou. And even the acute angle turns (Church to CI and CI to Cortelyou, and Cortelyou to Ocean or Flatbush) were time consuming. And with the angle of Cortelyou and Church; on Flatbush, Cortelyou and Beverly have almost merged; it's like half a block, but by CI Av, they're several blocks apart, and then on Ocean Pkwy, same thing with Church and Beverley; less than a block apart, but on CI Ave. they're several blocks apart, and you're going all the way from Cortelyou to Church. That's so much extra distance where you're traveling the hypotenueses (plus "adjacents") of two right triangles instead of the straight line ("opposite") heading straight across. (And for some of the BM's now, they just extended it to Ft Hamilton).

A straight dash across Beverley would make that so much quicker.

I don't know about "delays" —as far as the schedules, but I know (from 20 years ago, when I lived that way, and would take either the BM's or X29), that once you got off at Fort Hamilton, it seemed to take forever to get across; especially on Church and Cortelyou. And even the acute angle turns (Church to CI and CI to Cortelyou, and Cortelyou to Ocean or Flatbush) were time consuming. And with the angle of Cortelyou and Church; on Flatbush, Cortelyou and Beverly have almost merged; it's like half a block, but by CI Av, they're several blocks apart, and then on Ocean Pkwy, same thing with Church and Beverley; less than a block apart, but on CI Ave. they're several blocks apart, and you're going all the way from Cortelyou to Church. That's so much extra distance where you're traveling the hypotenueses (plus "adjacents") of two right triangles instead of the straight line ("opposite") heading straight across. (And for some of the BM's now, they just extended it to Ft Hamilton).

A straight dash across Beverley would make that so much quicker.

so usually 20 to 10 mins behind schedule for BM3? at off peak and rush hour.

It might also be because it's hard to find the Q7 stops if you're not from the area. As a result of this move, the Q7 and Q8 will share two eastbound stops.

People will still not use Q7 west of rockaway blvd (A) college point is on the money which was why I suggested keeping it on rockaway to ridgewood to get more riders. That segment to euclid gets almost nobody most of the time very empty until rockaway blvd (A) elderly argument holds no water here. You can't hide behind the elderly argument forever no riders means very low ridership. The reason why Q112 does better is the simple fact that (A) off peak service to lefferts is complete crap. Q7 doesn't have this luxury.

Thank you

I mean, Ridgewood has enough coverage, does it really need another bus line?

The rockaway blvd corridor that's why it would garner more riders than it's pitiful segment to euclid ave (A) a segment that is barely used.

It makes much more sense than it's current segment that is err useless ridership is showing that it's segment west of woodhaven does not work. I live by Q7 I have never seen a Q7 by me with more than 7 people mostly 3 people when it gets to euclid it's mostly empty. Hint see the area around rockaway blvd and links Q7 has and major roadways hint: no bus links woodhaven to linden I am done here sorry. I did get PMs about BMs interesting convos.

The rockaway blvd corridor that's why it would garner more riders than it's pitiful segment to euclid ave (A) a segment that is barely used.

It makes much more sense than it's current segment that is err useless ridership is showing that it's segment west of woodhaven does not work. I live by Q7 I have never seen a Q7 by me with more than 7 people mostly 3 people when it gets to euclid it's mostly empty. Hint see the area around rockaway blvd and links Q7 has and major roadways hint: no bus links woodhaven to linden I am done here sorry. I did get PMs about BMs interesting convos.

So you're gonna send it to an area where its not needed...

I love your logic behind that, you should be head of operations planning

Can't we just leave the Q7 as it is ? Is it that hard?

Archived