Proposal for Q7 diversion in East New York

BM5 via Woodhaven

• 2 weeks later...
Obviously you need to watch the Q7's ridership especially pax coming off the (A) going east into queens. Most of the stops on Q7 west of rockaway blvd (A) are barely used at all. Several times I was alone till woodhaven blvd.

I said: "I've long noticed that people don't really take the EB Q7 over @ Euclid subway all that much... Never really thought about as to why.."

You reply: "simple cause it's easier to take the (A) at rockaway blvd than go all the way to euclid."

I then say: "I'm talking about eastbound travel on the Q7 into Queens, and you're mentioning a westbound commute back into Brooklyn on the subway..."

You then go on to say the exact opposite of what you initially directed at me by saying "It is easier to stay on the (A) until rockaway blvd"

I then tell you in so many words that you're missing my point....

(which I'm now highlighting in red, in case you still don't get it)

....and now I see you replied back telling me that obviously I need to watch the Q7's ridership as it pertains to pax coming off the (A) towards Queens, as if I don't know the ridership patterns on that route in that specific area (rockaway blvd A)...... Whenever you get stumped, I see you like to conclude that someone's not in the know when You are the one that's confused.... I've noticed that tactic more than once out of you on this forum..... You were better off not even attempting to respond to what I was asking......

It looks like YOU need to watch ridership habits over at Euclid Av with the Q7 & the Q8 & actually READ what people are saying, instead of simply blurting out answers..... Telling me about the riders on the (A) that take it to rockaway blvd for the Q7 there, only explains the riders that were already on the (A) west of Euclid that need the Q7... I wasn't asking about those riders to begin with....

Let me bottomline this:

- You say it's simple to take the (A)AT rockaway blvd than go to Euclid....

Tell me how in the hell does someone take the (A)AT rockaway blvd FROM Euclid av subway

(The Q7 FROM Euclid av subway is what I was asking about)......

- You then flip the script & say it's easier to stay on the (A) until rockaway blvd

Why in the world would someone hop on the (A) from Euclid to rockaway blvd to catch the Q7 at rockaway blvd, if they could catch the Q7 at Euclid itself, full knowing they're riding on the Q7 PAST rockaway blvd? If someone is coming off another bus to even get to Euclid av, that's two fares.... No commuter is doing that.....

Capiche? Comprende? Verstanden? Understand now ?

Guest MTA Bus

I've realized that every time that somebody talks about the Q7, it always leads to someplace that they could extend it. That's the point of the Queens Bus Proposals Thread.

I think the Q7 should terminate at Rockaway Blvd and if people need to go to Euclid take the Q8 which gets more riders.

If it were feasible & the roads allowed for it, I would truncate the Q7 there as well, while extending the B14... Let the 14 transport riders back to brooklyn from rockaway blvd (A)..... You already have enough people walking from Sutter/Euclid to get to Pitkin/Euclid as it is...

the Q8 is another can of worms I'm not gonna get into right now.....

People will still not use Q7 west of rockaway blvd (A) college point is on the money which was why I suggested keeping it on rockaway to ridgewood to get more riders. That segment to euclid gets almost nobody most of the time very empty until rockaway blvd (A) elderly argument holds no water here. You can't hide behind the elderly argument forever no riders means very low ridership.

The reason why Q112 does better is the simple fact that (A) off peak service to lefferts is complete crap. Q7 doesn't have this luxury.

I agree with you regarding the convenient scapegoat of elderly riders, but........

- What makes you think Ridgewoodians would even utilize the Q7? No latent ridership, or even demand for that whatsoever.....

- Oh, so in other words, the Q112 performs better than the Q7 because it serves as a partial supplement to the subway, while the Q7 doesn't; Q112 performs better than the lefferts blvd branch of the (A), but yet the Q7 lacks the "luxury" of paralleling a subway....Some logic you got there... smh.... The fact that the Q112 runs along heavy commercial areas & runs to/from a major transit hub doesn't account for nothing, I suppose.....

Those must have been all mirages or apparitions I've been seeing over the years of taking the Q112 out of Jamaica & seeing a bunch of ppl. disembark 112's for the (A) @ Lefferts.... You make it seem like the Lefferts branch has poor usage due to subpar (ok, "crap") service & the fact that the Q112 is right below it..... Which is so not the case with usage on the Lefferts branch IF that's what you're trying to convey.....

Other than the Pitkin routing, the Q7 should be left alone

..you mean the infamous Q7 to Green Acres shouldn't happen? Lol........

This thread needs to be combined with the Queens Bus thread...

Q7 to Ridgewood... dude you must be using that PCP too much... (A) to the (L) is perfectly fine. It's one stop from Euclid on the (A).

LOL true that

It's becomes from a proposal of a Q7 diversion in East New York to a discussion on proposal for Q7 extention to Subway vs Bus and Q7/Q112 statements.

It went perfect until post 10 then the (A) was brought up and the whole fiasco started. Not every post from 10 down is unessecery though

Anyways I havent given out my opinion

I never got the reason of the Q7 on Glenmore Avenue. Eventually I Knew it was going on Piktin.

Lol @ Threxx.....

LOL true that

It's becomes from a proposal of a Q7 diversion in East New York to a discussion on proposal for Q7 extention to Subway vs Bus and Q7/Q112 statements.

It went perfect until post 10 then the (A) was brought up and the whole fiasco started. Not every post from 10 down is unessecery though

Anyways I havent given out my opinion

I never got the reason of the Q7 on Glenmore Avenue. Eventually I Knew it was going on Piktin.

I was gonna mention this in [post #28], but I omitted it...... Subway v. Bus is eventually what QJT turned this discussion into; the (A) didn't have much of anything to do with what I asked before [post #10]... I mean, just because a bus route parallels a subway line doesn't have to mean that said bus route doesn't garner the amt's of ridership one might expect solely b/c of that subway line it parallels.... I won't even count the manhattan lines - Do I even have to mention the B44 b/w President st & Flatbush Junction as well as the B25 from Broadway Junction until what, Lafayette av......

As for your point, I guess in essence, that's part of what I was asking..... If the route could possibly garner a few more riders on Pitkin, why did it ever take Glenmore to begin with? Before the Q8 got extended to Gateway, it also used to make that same turnaround

(utilizing euclid, belmont, and crescent to shoot across Glenmore instead of shooting across Pitkin, Queens bound).... Hell, even when the B12 used autumn to glenmore to sheridan to end on sheridan/liberty, ppl. weren't xferring to Queens bound Q7's or Q8's (on Glenmore) in any noticable capacity..... It's probably something historical as to why it (the Q7) uses Glenmore, is my best guess....

Archived