(AUS) Passengers' plans derailed in face of train mayhem

Pakenhamtrain

From The Age:

Passengers' plans derailed in face of train mayhem

October 29, 2012 - 5:03PM

Adam Carey

Transport Reporter for The Age

A night of public transport chaos looms for commuters heading to the north-western suburbs, with travellers on the Sydenham line warned to expect long delays due to a major signal fault that could not be fixed in time for the evening peak.

A handful of trains will run at reduced speed during the evening peak. Metro has just eight buses to transport thousands of passengers heading for stops between Sunshine and Watergardens stations tonight, and is warning people to prepare for a slow and crowded journey home.

A Metro spokesman warned that the rail operator would struggle to get people home without significant delays with so few buses available.

Whatever went wrong I suspect someone is going to get a big kick up the backside over it.

The works apprantly involved the movement of the Anderson Road Crossing, a new crossover at Albion and some signal works.

I believe they did block working between Sunshine and St Albans for the PM peak. I'd imagine the 408 and 421 bus routes would of been faster.

Archived