Superstorm Sandy: After the Storm: NYC Bus Service

Threxx

So, LTD bus service will be resuming this evening, which HOPEFULLY means the B43 will be running... I know most of Manhattan south of 42nd Street will not have service, and the Woodhaven routes will probably only be the Q11/Q53 between Rockaway Blvd and Pitkin Avenue...

If an article is found on this, then please add it to the post.

- ADDITION by Brett -

Following routes are running Sunday schedule today.

Manhattan

M2, M5, M8, M11, M14, M15, SBS15, M34, M34A, M22, M57, M60, M86, M96, M101

Bronx

Bx1, Bx6, Bx7, Bx8, Bx10, Bx12, SBS12, Bx16, Bx23, Bx27, Bx36, Bx38, Bx40, Bx41, Bx55, Q50

Brooklyn

B1, B3, B15, B35, B41, B44, B46, B61, B82, Q58, Q59

Queens

Q4, Q6, Q7, Q10, Q12, Q22, Q23, Q25, Q33, Q46, Q50, Q60, Q65, Q66, Q69, Q101, Q113

Staten Island

S40, S46, S48, S53, S59, S61, S62, S74, S78, SBS79

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But Bloomberg estimated it would be four or five days before subway service is restored. Officials said limited bus service would resume Tuesday, with fares waived.

Lhota said buses would be used to replace subway service along lines where repairs are expected to take longer.

Source: http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Flooded-Subways-NYC-Brooklyn-Battery-Queens-Midtown-Tunnel-MTA-Hurricane-Sandy-176359011.html

I wish they'd be more specific as to which ones will be running, but whatever. I wonder if LGA's routes will be running, or if the M60 will be running.

This is an enormous task so the NYCT should be cut some slack. I would have to think that each division and depot will focus on getting the major routes up and running first. There's also a possibility that subway shuttles may have to be operated.

This is an enormous task so the NYCT should be cut some slack. I would have to think that each division and depot will focus on getting the major routes up and running first. There's also a possibility that subway shuttles may have to be operated.

I know. I just exactly didn't understand what they meant the partial service.

Probably the 3 busiest ones...B8/35/63

...i could be wrong, I'll look out for any B8/35s when I go home

JG is running all bus routes, infact most of MTA routes are running but in modified Sunday schedule.

i dont see express buses running yet, even on BusTime

Archived