Superstorm Sandy: After the Storm: NYC Bus Service

Threxx

Q22's were running when I was out there..... Q22's at that time run b/w B116th & far rockaway....

I didn't log the trip, but it was well after 2am I was on that 22 towards far rockaway..... That much I'm sure of.

The driver I had on the Q22 the first time, someone had asked him a question (didn't hear the first question), but I overheard the b/o say that "I'm an extra".... guy continued asking the b/o another question (didn't hear this question either), to where the b/o said "I'm normally not in this area so I'm not too sure... I might be the only one out here".....

At that point, I said to myself, well damn.... I'm on the only bus out here right now.....

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well 22 buses dont reguarly operate 24/7. The Q53 should run 24/7. Dont know why isnt it implemented. If the Q100 can run at night, so can the the Q53

Agreed. I been saying for a year or two now here on the boards that the Q53 should have hourly service between 130am-5am (rotating with the Q11) so Cross Bay/Woodhaven would have 30 minute owl service between Pitkin and Queens Blvd.

Well i think there general agreement that either the Q52 or Q53 or both should run overnights. Thus this shall be intresting.

Yes, a void needs to be filled out there.... Thanks for bringing the situation down in the rockaways up...

Well 22 buses dont reguarly operate 24/7. The Q53 should run 24/7. Dont know why isnt it implemented. If the Q100 can run at night, so can the the Q53

Since you're talking about regular service....

MTA needs to start marketing the 52 better; it's time for an extension to far rock. IMO (either that, or start running late night 53's in the opposite direction to far rockaway).... I can agree w/ the MTA w/ not running late night service on the current 53; majority of the riders coming up from the rockaways towards woodhaven blvd (and vice versa; going towards the rockaways) are coming from/going to areas east of the hammels wye, not west of it.... In the rockaways, the more west you go the later it gets, the quieter it gets.....

Since you're talking about regular service....

MTA needs to start marketing the 52 better; it's time for an extension to far rock. IMO (either that, or start running late night 53's to far rockaway).... I can agree w/ the MTA w/ not running late night service on the current 53; majority of the riders coming up from the rockaways towards woodhaven blvd are coming from areas east of the hammels wye, not west of it.... In the rockaway, the more west you go the later it gets, the quieter it gets.....

Yeah a Q52 extention to FR can benefit many people. Also the Q52 isnt as long as the Q53. Somehow I think that Q52 terminal in Arverne is like some random place that an MTA official pin pointed using a blindfold and a map. Nothing but a chase and a stop and shop. Also Arverne by the Sea wont be done for about 5 years, so the MTA probably made this too early. But you can also make the 52 go to FR, since then it will actually serve a ridership generator and take some load of the 22, especially on Sundays in the late morning it gets full.

Also have anyone seen the signs saying that Any Q52/3 rider using the portion on Woodhaven Blvd can take either bus?

Yeah a Q52 extention to FR can benefit many people. Also the Q52 isnt as long as the Q53. Somehow I think that Q52 terminal in Arverne is like some random place that an MTA official pin pointed using a blindfold and a map. Nothing but a chase and a stop and shop. Also Arverne by the Sea wont be done for about 5 years, so the MTA probably made this too early. But you can also make the 52 go to FR, since then it will actually serve a ridership generator and take some load of the 22, especially on Sundays in the late morning it gets full.

Also have anyone seen the signs saying that Any Q52/3 rider using the portion on Woodhaven Blvd can take either bus?

From what I remember hearing, developers pushed for addt'l bus service to/from Arverne (personally, I think they pushed for alternate service to/from arverne - In other words, so residents won't have to deal w/ the Q22 in any capacity.... I don't necessarily think they pushed for service along woodhaven & service to QB though....)

As for your question, I haven't noticed......

Sounds like the Q52 is already a huge success. Sounds like a extension to Mott Ave (A) station is now warranted.

Archived