R62As returning to the 6 - why so much backlash?

RPTA

Oh here we go with the "Announcements" crap again.

If you can't hear the announcements, well then, get your ears checked or in some peoples cases, take a damn bus.

And to the people who are saying the R160's announcement system is also good, that is bullshit. (Don't get me wrong i love the R160's, just some of them are like what the hell) If you get on any R160 like for example on the J, M or Z, the speakers are starting to get all fuzzy and they sound like a broken radio station.

To be honest every time i get on a R142A, the speaker is at low volume and barley hear it, but i look at the LCD Displays. That is why they have them in the first place..., Especially when the train is crowded and people are constantly talking, then of course you aren't going to hear announcements.

Like seriously, every New Yorker knows by now what stop they are getting off if they take the train every day.

Just like SOME people on here that like to be fancy and take express buses to the City and know what stop to get off. Stop bitching about a damn subway car, you try fixing it.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say there have been at least 2 times when a (1) randomly switched to the express track without me realizing it; one of those times causing me and a bunch of other riders to miss our stop, and once I was on a (3) train I believe and it just went local (although that's not as bad).

How DID we manage in the days before cars had audible PA announcements?

The MTA has spoiled us with the NTTs.

@Rollovermyhead: I know that, but the R62As are not even 30 yet, therefore it is extremely unrealistic to expect them to be gone for at least 10 years.

Not only that but those R62s are just dark and depressing and I hate the overhead handles too... All greasy and gross feeling, hence why I hate riding the (1) train. The AC on those cars suck too.

Like the R32s, R42s, R46s, R68/68As, and the SIR R44s.....?

Like the R32s, R42s, R46s, R68/68As, and the SIR R44s.....?

Yep, just like those...

If you aren't going to ride a subway car because it is "depressing" and "dark", then you need to lower your expectations so much... <_<

I don't care... I'm speaking like the average customer does, not some crazy foamer. <_<

If these people lived in Philly they'd die... no NTT's there at all.

I don't care... I'm speaking like the average customer does, not some crazy foamer. <_<

You don't have to be crazy or a foamer to realize it's a freaking subway car... <_<

Correction... A friggin' disgusting subway car... <_<

It's a subway car which YOU are older than... I don't see what is so disgusting about it...

You don't even use the freaking subway, you live in heaven with your beautiful EXPRESS buses... why do you care about what the little people are going through, especially now... <_<<_<<_<

So you're a foamer if you like any pre-NTT trains?

Oh, ok, that's cool. Color me a foamer then. I'll embrace that title, in fact!

BTW, the so called 'friggin disgusting' R62As are a far bigger improvement then ANYTHING they had in the 80s. You don't have to be a foamer to realize that the top car is far better than the bottom car:

img_79621.jpg

subway.jpg

@Rollovermyhead: VG8 was saying to get Lex new cars, but if they did that the 28 year old R62As would be rendered useless, as Flushing and Lex both wouldn't need them.

So you're a foamer if you like any pre-NTT trains?

Oh, ok, that's cool. Color me a foamer then. I'll embrace that title, in fact!

BTW, the so called 'friggin disgusting' R62As are a far bigger improvement then ANYTHING they had in the 80s. You don't have to be a foamer to realize that the top car is far better than the bottom car:

subway.jpg

@Rollovermyhead: VG8 was saying to get Lex new cars, but if they did that the 28 year old R62As would be rendered useless, as Flushing and Lex both wouldn't need them.

Not to be technically here, but that car is a B-Division car most likely either an R27 or R30. That's not an IRT car I last checked. Some of you guys complaining about announcements not being heard need to look back Pre-1960s to when there was no announcements being made and everyone that rode the subway daily knew where to go. Heck I didn't even use the FIND of the R160s to see where to go, cause I already knew where to go. IMO those FINDs are probably used by tourists and people that visit the city since regular riders know where to go.

Not to be technically here, but that car is a B-Division car most likely either an R27 or R30. That's not an IRT car I last checked. Some of you guys complaining about announcements not being heard need to look back Pre-1960s to when there was no announcements being made and everyone that rode the subway daily knew where to go. Heck I didn't even use the FIND of the R160s to see where to go, cause I already knew where to go. IMO those FINDs are probably used by tourists and people that visit the city since regular riders know where to go.

F**k! I'm constantly reaching my quota recently....

Doesn't really a matter, a disgusting vandalized train is a disgusting vandalized train, regardless of its division. ;)

But your right any way. That pic sums up everything that was wrong with the system back then.

It's a subway car which YOU are older than... I don't see what is so disgusting about it...

I don't know about that...

You don't even use the freaking subway, you live in heaven with your beautiful EXPRESS buses... why do you care about what the little people are going through, especially now... <_<<_<<_<

That's interesting especially since I've used every line in the system... That's how I know they're disgusting. <_<<_<<_<<_<

That's interesting especially since I've used every line in the system... That's how I know they're disgusting. <_<<_<<_<<_<

So have I.

If they are so disgusting, why are you being so goddamn pompous about it?? WHY ARE YOUR EXPECTATIONS SO HIGH????? <_<

Get down of your high horse and come back to reality...

So have I.

If they are so disgusting, why are you being so goddamn pompous about it?? WHY ARE YOUR EXPECTATIONS SO HIGH????? <_<

Get down of your high horse and come back to reality...

Let's see... Maybe because we're supposed to have the best transit system in the world being New York. If you folks got out more you'd understand why my expectations are so high... I've rode subways all around the world and NYC is just catching up... Smh

Let's see... Maybe because we're supposed to have the best transit system in the world being New York. If you folks got out more you'd understand why my expectations are so high...

Who the f**k said anyone is supposed to have the best transit system in the world? We have the largest system, which makes it all the harder to keep in in good condition.

Archived