R62As returning to the 6 - why so much backlash?

RPTA

+1

When I got on the (4) earlier today, I was surprised to see R62s run on it. There were people in the car talking about how they remember when they first came in brand new and some people even said it brought back good memories growing up riding them over the older trains with no A/C

The (4) got a downgrade and I didn't see anyone complaining...

The (4) is mostly using the (3) line equipment, although I did see a R142 on the (4) yesterday. I guess most of the R142s on the Brooklyn (5). Its basically what is available out of NLTS yard. This is temporarary until at least the (4) and (5) are running their full routes again....

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoy what we already have today and I love both generation of trains. I also love railfanning on the (A) express and the Rockaway Line, and the entire (7) route with the R32s and R62As respectively. However, I also like having the (C) use the solid built trains, R38s (now retired) and R32s. With the IRT Lexington Avenue Line 100% NTTs really suits it IMO. Had those R62As be pulled off the IRT Flushing Line, the RFW will be gone but are still great for a ride on the inside. So now I guess I'm not all against moving them back to the IRT mainline...

err why not get newer trains the old ones need to disappear at a faster pace.

Great plan. Absolutely excellent. Bravo, bravo.

So how will they pay for that?

Again what makes queens so much more important that they need to take from the (6) just to do it?

The signalling system is ancient and needs to be replaced by CTBC. Has this... not been said already?

EVERYONE SHOULD SHUT UP AND LOOK!!!!!

IMG_5064.jpg

No one really cared lol

But yet there's a whole discussion about it in another thread? What does that have to do with what we're talking about??? It's because of Sandy.... you really need to use your head...

But yet there's a whole discussion about it in another thread? What does that have to do with what we're talking about??? It's because of Sandy.... you really need to use your head...

No shit sherlock, don't you think i know that, it was a joke

Well this is just freaking sad.

First off, who gives a crap on which subway car should run where? I don't and most passengers don't even know the subway car models and all of that. Do you guys think they care? NO. And The R62As returning to the (6) argument just left me speechless. Like come on. It's just a damn train. Don't like it? Take another subway route to the Upper East Side, but wait there's one problem? The (6) is the only local train on the Upper East Side so guess what? Take the DAMN Bus.

2nd, Most railfans need to experience on being a passenger for a day (Or maybe for a week) instead of railfanning because that's most likely the main reason why you guys (Not everyone) are going crazy and just makes these excuses on their railfanning or if they don't like something, they will claim they rode it alot of times. The point on transportation is to get you from Point A To Point B. And that New York City Subway supposed to be the best system is just pure bullshit. There's no such thing as a perfect world nor a perfect transit system.

3rd. Lemme put it like this. EVERYONE Foams over something. It's sad how people will make fun for people foaming but yet everyone else (Including yourself) will foam over different stuff. May not agree with it but does it make it right for you to do that to someone else. How will you feel if I said "Oh You're a crazy foamer". Like I've said, everyone foams over something.

And btw people didn't complain on the R62 (4) Train. There was no one upset about it

8152434341_ebfb548c64_b.jpg

Not all two-tracked terminals have flexibility...before at least because they scheduled it properly like I said before and everything worked out fine...

Point is that they can end up on whatever IRT mainline the (MTA) see fit them, except the (1) and 42nd Street (S) trains...

The (2) is the longest IRT line in the system, so it's hard to keep it on schedule.

err why not get newer trains the old ones need to disappear at a faster pace. Again what makes queens so much more important that they need to take from the (6) just to do it?

Because there's nothing wrong with the old trains. Why get rid of something that's probably got a good 15 years worth of use left?

On a side note, I think there used to be an R62 set on the (4) a few years ago. Is it still running?

First off, who gives a crap on which subway car should run where? I don't and most passengers don't even know the subway car models and all of that. Do you guys think they care? NO. And The R62As returning to the (6) argument just left me speechless. Like come on. It's just a damn train. Don't like it? Take another subway route to the Upper East Side, but wait there's one problem? The (6) is the only local train on the Upper East Side so guess what? Take the DAMN Bus.

As much as you are correct... You should also apply this for yourself as well.. I wouldn't imagine your reaction if the R68s were off the (B) and (D) someday..

The (2) is the longest IRT line in the system, so it's hard to keep it on schedule.

Because there's nothing wrong with the old trains. Why get rid of something that's probably got a good 15 years worth of use left?

On a side note, I think there used to be an R62 set on the (4) a few years ago. Is it still running?

That was back in 2007 (or 2008, whatever) and it has been removed ever since

2nd, Most railfans need to experience on being a passenger for a day (Or maybe for a week) instead of railfanning because that's most likely the main reason why you guys (Not everyone) are going crazy and just makes these excuses on their railfanning or if they don't like something, they will claim they rode it alot of times. The point on transportation is to get you from Point A To Point B. And that New York City Subway supposed to be the best system is just pure bullshit. There's no such thing as a perfect world nor a perfect transit system.

3rd. Lemme put it like this. EVERYONE Foams over something. It's sad how people will make fun for people foaming but yet everyone else (Including yourself) will foam over different stuff. May not agree with it but does it make it right for you to do that to someone else. How will you feel if I said "Oh You're a crazy foamer". Like I've said, everyone foams over something.

And btw people didn't complain on the R62 (4) Train. There was no one upset about it

What, were you expecting people to be screaming and complaining out loud to you? This is New York; nobody starts randomly talking to a stranger on the subway ever, especially about the subway car. And anyways this is much different. This was a direct result of the hurricane, and as long as there's a train running that's all that matters.

What, were you expecting people to be screaming and complaining out loud to you? This is New York; nobody starts randomly talking to a stranger on the subway ever, especially about the subway car. And anyways this is much different. This was a direct result of the hurricane, and as long as there's a train running that's all that matters.

+1

Fresh Pond talked about how riders liked the R62's because it bought back fond memories, but they knew that this was because of a hurricane, and it wouldn't last more than a week. Although the first part can be debated. I was on the (4) local from GCT, and this one person started talking to a bunch of people how crowded it was, and how it wasn't worth her money to ride the trains during weekend G.O.'s anymore. (Although let me tell you, that was one crowded train. With only one train serving lex below 42nd every 5-10 minutes....)

Also BTW @Daniel

They can't take the bus because it got cut, remember?

+1

Fresh Pond talked about how riders liked the R62's because it bought back fond memories, but they knew that this was because of a hurricane, and it wouldn't last more than a week. Although the first part can be debated. I was on the (4) local from GCT, and this one person started talking to a bunch of people how crowded it was, and how it wasn't worth her money to ride the trains during weekend G.O.'s anymore. (Although let me tell you, that was one crowded train. With only one train serving lex below 42nd every 5-10 minutes....)

Also BTW @Daniel

They can't take the bus because it got cut, remember?

x90/25?

Archived