MTA Working To Restore Transit Service In Wake Of Historic Storm

Harry

[float=left]post-5097-0-74548800-1351686197_thumb.jpg[/float]Local, Limited-Stop and Express Bus service will operate as close to a normal weekday schedule as possible today, as NYC Transit and MTA Bus continue efforts to restore service following Hurricane Sandy. As was the case yesterday, bus service will operate on a fare-free basis. Subway service remains suspended on all lines, as clean up and water remediation efforts continue, especially in underwater tunnels linking Brooklyn and Manhattan that were flooded during the storm.

Access-A-Ride will begin limited service on Wed Oct 31. If you need a trip of medical necessity (dialysis, chemotherapy or radiation) please call 1-877-337-2017, and every effort will be made to provide the trip. Please note that all subscription trips for Wed. Oct 31 and Thurs Nov 1 are cancelled. On Wed Oct 31 beginning at noon, we will begin to take reservations for travel after 12pm on Thurs Nov. 1. This will begin the resumption of Access-A-Ride service.

Both Long Island Rail Road and Metro-North Railroad service remains suspended today, as damage assessment and repair work continues on the nation’s two largest commuter railroads continues. All of the bridges operated by MTA Bridges & Tunnels are open to traffic with the exception of the Cross Bay Bridge. The Hugh L. Carey and Queens Midtown Tunnels remain closed.

Read more: mta.info

post-5097-0-74548800-1351686197_thumb.jpg

I know that as part of the restoration shuttle buses are being provided from selected stations in Bklyn to Lexington Ave/57 Street. The one question I would like to ask of you all is whether or not that shuttle is point-to-point (This is what I would assume given the dearth of information) or if there are some intermediate stops, where that stop list would be published?

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide and godspeed to those of you involved in the MTA during this restoration.

I wish I had a better first post, but I can't think of a better place to ask this...

It was already posted twice on the first thread on this.

How do you do the dancing locks?

Thank you for your insight, Mr. Moderator...

Leave that work to the moderators, seriously. You already called a thread from the administrator spam...

Archived