MTA Working To Restore Transit Service In Wake Of Historic Storm

Harry

Now, to pretend that punk was never here, we are about 24 from the earliest the MTA expects to have some of the Lower Manhattan lines back into service.

Agreed. The station may be damaged but can be cleaned up in time, They're looking less and less like small aquariums where you can walk your fishes in. lol But all realism, I just saw photos of the 53rd Street tunnels being pumped out. Progress is looking relevant.

Although, South Ferry just looks like my room if it was located in Oceana. There'll clean it up.

I have a question. Why is the (J) dumping people at Hewes Street?? It says is going to Marcy Avenue well, why can't the (J) go there? It has been done before, the trains just arrive at the uptown track and proceed back north. Similar to the (D) at Herald Square.

Well there was talk at work that the (5)'s will be running to Bowling Green tomorrow.....this isn't a press release, just what I heard in the dispatcher's office today.

alejr88, I already answered your question the other day, but it's because the J's need to use the middle track at Marcy to change ends. The middle track does not have platform access, so Hewes is the last stop that can be made.

My trip to Mosholu Yard; Q55, Q58, Q44, Bx9, Bx28. That was a nice, four-hour trip.

MTA's work on

South Ferry Terminal, skip to 1:30 for the good stuff...

Are the pump trains retired cars as well or were they built from scratch?

Are the pump trains retired cars as well or were they built from scratch?

Most of the pump cars seen in the videos and pics released by the MTA looks like the R-71 Pump/Reach Cars, which are rebuilt R-17's, R-21's and R-22's. The MTA also have newer R-65 stainless steel pump cars built by Kawasaki in the late 90's which I never saw in the same pics and official videos posted concerning the restoration of the Cranberry St tunnels, 53rd Street tunnels or South Ferry, at least as far as I know.

It seems transit can't help but make silly mistakes. The F will be running to Jay Street – MetroTech, so why does the map show only the A and R terminating there?

7JStg.png

good catch. 3 days later and still no correction has been made.

I imagine whomever the graphic designers that make the map are, they've had their work cut out for them the past week. Some days the map has changed 3 or 4 times through the course of the day! I suppose it's less unpleasant than wading through flooded out tubes, but it's got to be more intensive than what they're used to!

Archived