R62 on the (4)!

4P3607

They didn't change the top sign to Boro Hall... sigh

Nice pics!

Yeah, they must have done everything at the last minute. There was a train that mostly said (3) with one car saying (4) and the front and back saying (4).

Nice shots!

Just like the good ol days. Nice job.

Thanks guys! More pics & Vids will come in a few. Plus I got the (M) from Jamaica Center, The R62's on the (4) should be on tomorrow.

Kickin' it old school!

Just realized I live around the corner from the (4) in the Bronx and it didnt occur to me to check what's going on up there....

I didnt feel like putting up with the geese, I took Metro-North into the city.

I didn't either until I saw this thread, had no idea.

They're going to be on the 4 everyday until the Joralemon tunnels are ready for service. Be reminded that the 4 in Brookyln only has access to Liovnia yard, which has primarily R62 class cars and some R142's.

By that logic, the northern (A) and (D) sections should have R46's and R68's being used interchangeably, since 207 Yard is inaccessible from the IND.

Thanks everybody else! and the ones who clicked the like button!

Nice shots, I saw this at Atlantic Ave, also saw the R46 (F) in Midtown

Yes, there were two sets, one went OOS early, that set said (R) on the back.

By that logic, the northern (A) and (D) sections should have R46's and R68's being used interchangeably, since 207 Yard is inaccessible from the IND.

Not really... There's only one IRT yard that is accessable in Brooklyn right now, and until the storm damage is fixed it will be the only yard that is used. It really obvious that R62's will be running on the 4, in the Brookyln portion that is, for some time now. Plus the situation that you outlined makes absolutely no sense what so ever because 1) .It doesn't even connect to what I am saying because this is an emergency situation and there is only one IRT yard that can be used in Brookyln right now whereas in your situation two yards could be used interchangeably. 2) That can't even happen under normal circumstances becuase it would be difficult and, so why would you compair it to what I'm saying.

Archived