New York drivers face epic lines in severe post-Sandy gas shortage

Harry

[float=left]post-5097-0-16853300-1351857137_thumb.jpg[/float]New York was close to running on empty Thursday--reeling from a severe post-hurricane gas shortage.

Drivers were waiting in epic lines that recalled the OPEC gas crisis of the mid-70s if they

were lucky enough to find an open station, and fuel-strapped car services were turning

away customers.

Read more: Source

post-5097-0-16853300-1351857137_thumb.jpg

reason why you should fill your tank before a storm an also have a few cans full as well for back up!

I learned a hard lesson this week. I took this storm lightly didn't think it was going to be this bad, my reasons for that was because of Irene. But now I'm out of fuel, theres massivley long lines at gas stations that are not even open yet where I live and most likely I might have to push my car to the station 1 block from me...

I learned a hard lesson this week. I took this storm lightly didn't think it was going to be this bad, my reasons for that was because of Irene. But now I'm out of fuel, theres massivley long lines at gas stations that are not even open yet where I live and most likely I might have to push my car to the station 1 block from me...

LMAO!!! Take Stewie with you to help supervise. :lol:

Good thing that I filled up right before the storm. Been driving everywhere within Manhattan lately, parking everywhere, and I still have more than half a tank left.

Hey Gorgor. If you willing to make the drive and long lines in the 5 boros continye, there not much of a line at gas stations in upper westchester i.e Peekskill area or Fairfield County i.e Stamford and North. Just a suggestion.

At least you learned for next time cause there will always been people that never learn from their mistakes. When I storm comes or even in general you should always have extra fuel, candals, canned/dry food, batteries, flashlight, bottled water , fully stocked first aid kit and extra blankets.

Now watch come Sometime this week they wont be able to give it away in some spots.. Those folks going crazy to get gas this weekend are going to work today!

I filled up last sunday so im still good not even three quarters of a tank Gone Ill go venture out to look on Thursday..

Archived