Voices for the T train

StevenFrancis

I bet the (T) won't even happen because of how much money has already been poured into this project ever since 1929. When the 3rd Avenue El was closed down it was a huge mistake that continues to plague us to this day. Sure when the (Q) runs to 96th Street or possibly 125th street (if funding becomes available) it could elevate the problems with overcrowding on the Lexington Ave line. Other then that I don't see the (T) running any time in this century and I think funding for the SAS will be eliminated before Phase III can even be built. That's all I have to say on this.

I bet the (T) won't even happen because of how much money has already been poured into this project ever since 1929. When the 3rd Avenue El was closed down it was a huge mistake that continues to plague us to this day. Sure when the (Q) runs to 96th Street or possibly 125th street (if funding becomes available) it could elevate the problems with overcrowding on the Lexington Ave line. Other then that I don't see the (T) running any time in this century and I think funding for the SAS will be eliminated before Phase III can even be built. That's all I have to say on this.

Another impatient man............I think it will be completed in this century and our lifetime.

Another impatient man............I think it will be completed in this century and our lifetime.

Now how was he being impatient.....? He was just giving a statement, mixed with history............... And how do you know if this will happen in our lifetime? As others say, who the heck knows if the (T) will even come in our lifetime. I don't even give a sh9t about the (T) NOR the announcements. Just finish up Phase I of the project, to cut some slack to the Lex Line, which hell is all the time. As long as at LEAST up to 96th Street is done, we can see improvements, and even cut traffic down on 2nd Ave...

They said the same thing during the 20th Century. We are now in the 21st and only the first phase is to be completed in four years. Maybe just maybe the second phase may start construction assuming funding could be available.

Maybe nobody will do the (T) announcements. Maybe by then the announcements will be computer generated.

Wow I was actually thinking about this. And I have to say I agree myself. Computer generated announcements are much easier to make than recorded ones, and like FINDs over strip maps, are better for GOs.

Wow I was actually thinking about this. And I have to say I agree myself. Computer generated announcements are much easier to make than recorded ones, and like FINDs over strip maps, are better for GOs.

Passengers may complain about the robotic voices being hard to understand... they may continue with recorded voices.

Despite the thing that they are much easier, I don't want computer generated voices for the T train.

Archived