328 TBA Articulated low-floor bus order

Chargerdodge9

Once this current order of Nova LFSAs are completed, the MTA will move on to the next order of 328 artics. 72 units are going to MTA bus company while others are said to be bound for Staten Island. I have a gut feeling that this order will be for more Nova LFSAs. What do you think?

Could be, it also could be a mix of those and the XD60s...too early to tell

As I said before, I highly doubt the XD60s will be seeing a piece of this order. The other 89 buses have not even arrived yet for the BTE trial. 328 buses will be arriving well before the trial for the first (maybe even only) 90 XD60 buses is over. Now in terms of depots and buses being replaced, I wonder in these will kill off all pre-2003 New Flyer D60HFs.

Once this current order of Nova LFSAs are completed, the MTA will move on to the next order of 328 artics. 72 units are going to MTA bus company while others are said to be bound for Staten Island. I have a gut feeling that this order will be for more Nova LFSAs. What do you think?

well i think that those artics for MTA bus will go to BP...

and that the ones going to staten island will be for the S79 and that the s79 will move to charleston...and charleston will have artics...

and the rest i guess for the very bad D60s the 53xx and 54xx...

possibilities for XD60s is 90% because of how great the Xcelsior line is doing in NYC and the XD60 4710.... the three months of in service testing will determine if we get more XD60s...the rest of the fleet doesn't need to have the 1yr testing,,,

also...i dont think this order will be for 328 maybe less...

well i think that those artics for MTA bus will go to BP...

and that the ones going to staten island will be for the S79 and that the s79 will move to charleston...and charleston will have artics...

and the rest i guess for the very bad D60s the 53xx and 54xx...

possibilities for XD60s is 90% because of how great the Xcelsior line is doing in NYC and the XD60 4710.... the three months of in service testing will determine if we get more XD60s...the rest of the fleet doesn't need to have the 1yr testing,,,

also...i dont think this order will be for 328 maybe less...

According to MTA captial plan 2010-2014 documents, they will be for 328 buses because remember, they want to expand the artic fleet by another 200 or so buses. As for the XD60s, I give them a 10-15% chance of seeing buses beyond the primary 90 units. We'll probably see more Prevosts X-345s before we see more XD60s.

Also, I read that they are planing to purchase even more artics after this next 328. If anything, those will be XD60 artics.

We really dont need these individual threads on bus orders because new orders are always listed in the Fleet and Depots thread. Not only that, but you should go read it. The XD60's should be qualified a few months before the new artics are ordered. If not, the first 172 will go to Nova.And nothing is going to Staten Island either. Do me a favor, if you are going to make these threads, please check that thread first because the questions you are asking have already been answered.

He is saying there is no need to make posts back to back. It clutters up the board. If you make a post, and 2 minutes later want to ass something. Edit whatever it is you want to say in your last post. Do not make a new one.

If you are asking what I mean, check this thread where all fleet information is located.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/29211-mta-bus-operations-fleet-depots/

Archived