NICE at Hempstead and SCT at Babylon

BM5 via Woodhaven

As for unions........, and ICMC had a Teamsters local as well, but it wasn't the same local that Sunrise workers had.

So much for the unions protecting them! I think Inter County drivers got a bum deal. While the spot light was on the MTA/Veolia situation and the media was reporting that MTA drivers futures were "uncertain." Everyone and their mother was saying Veolia was going to screw over drivers, making them accept a low rate of pay, drivers hired by Veolia before the 1st would seniority over drivers who have been there for decades etc. etc etc after Veolia already agreed that these drivers would keep their current rate of pay and seniority with Veolia.. EBT royally screwed over Inter County drivers in the shadows of this , these drivers lost their seniority and seniority rate of pay if they wanted a job with EBT. I didn't see one news article on this, while everyone had to keep their eye on big bad Veolia who they assumed would screw over the drivers.

I thought CBS lines went under.

East New York already warned you that you need to search for things, but besides that couldn't you see the information in Mac's sig, the last post before you posted that question? The answer was right there!

I thought CBS lines went under.

It depends on who you talk to, rumor has it that the owners of CBS sold the company to Suffolk Bus Corp (Which seems plausible since it seems SBC's sister company had brought United Bus Corp, also located in Coram, earlier last year). However the deal struck in 2006 between Suffolk County and the operators, which gave ownership of all the routes stated that the county could competitivley bid each route at the next time the contract was up, which was last year, although I was told that Suffolk changed the bidding prosses so that there would be one operator for each part of the county, which is why Sunrise Coach and Hampton Jiteny created Twin Forks Transit. (Sunrise Coach and Hampton Jitney are sub contrators for Twin Forks Transit, but still have their own names on the side of the buses they operate. Don't ask me why because I have no idea)

CBS Lines, is still shown as being an active company by New York State records, the date listed as when they closed is the date they stoped operating for Suffolk County. I will change the date once there is an offical shut down date listed.

So much for the unions protecting them! I think Inter County drivers got a bum deal. While the spot light was on the MTA/Veolia situation and the media was reporting that MTA drivers futures were "uncertain." Everyone and their mother was saying Veolia was going to screw over drivers, making them accept a low rate of pay, drivers hired by Veolia before the 1st would seniority over drivers who have been there for decades etc. etc etc after Veolia already agreed that these drivers would keep their current rate of pay and seniority with Veolia.. EBT royally screwed over Inter County drivers in the shadows of this , these drivers lost their seniority and seniority rate of pay if they wanted a job with EBT. I didn't see one news article on this, while everyone had to keep their eye on big bad Veolia who they assumed would screw over the drivers.

A few ICMC drivers went over to Suffolk Bus Corp, one actually put up the 2B sign while he was driving the 7B for the first time. CBS Lines drivers lost their seniority and pay as well when they were hired by Suffolk Bus Corp. (All CBS drivers were hired except for one that retired, one that failed her road test, and one for i guess not showing up on time or something.)

I think the Veolia deal was big news because the Union helped make it that way, which was a good thing, but also hurt them at the same time.

ICMC mangement wasn't all that nice either, they told their drivers and mechanics that they had actually won the contract, and didn't tell them the truth until near the end of the year, Which was about a month or two after they found out that they lost.

It depends on who you talk to, rumor has it that the owners of CBS sold the company to Suffolk Bus Corp (Which seems plausible since it seems SBC's sister company had brought United Bus Corp, also located in Coram, earlier last year). However the deal struck in 2006 between Suffolk County and the operators, which gave ownership of all the routes stated that the county could competitivley bid each route at the next time the contract was up, which was last year, although I was told that Suffolk changed the bidding prosses so that there would be one operator for each part of the county, which is why Sunrise Coach and Hampton Jiteny created Twin Forks Transit. (Sunrise Coach and Hampton Jitney are sub contrators for Twin Forks Transit, but still have their own names on the side of the buses they operate. Don't ask me why because I have no idea)

CBS Lines, is still shown as being an active company by New York State records, the date listed as when they closed is the date they stoped operating for Suffolk County. I will change the date once there is an offical shut down date listed.

A few ICMC drivers went over to Suffolk Bus Corp, one actually put up the 2B sign while he was driving the 7B for the first time. CBS Lines drivers lost their seniority and pay as well when they were hired by Suffolk Bus Corp. (All CBS drivers were hired except for one that retired, one that failed her road test, and one for i guess not showing up on time or something.)

I think the Veolia deal was big news because the Union helped make it that way, which was a good thing, but also hurt them at the same time.

ICMC mangement wasn't all that nice either, they told their drivers and mechanics that they had actually won the contract, and didn't tell them the truth until near the end of the year, Which was about a month or two after they found out that they lost.

Wow that's though for those drivers out there.

Wow that's though for those drivers out there.

From what I can tell, the Ex-CBS drivers seem to be staying with the ex-CBS routes, or at least when their schudules allow. So that its a short of brightside for them.

Archived