What are the requirements of being an MTA train operator?

beautiful11

I have a high school diploma and I want to become a train operator but I'm 20 years old so I want to know how old do I have to be in to qualify for this position? I have done some work in a nursing home but only for 6 months. I don't have any 5 years working so is that required or no? What are the steps to becoming an MTA train operator?

Best way is just file for conductor or station agent or bus operator or any title that promotes to train operator in one step (and bypass the five year rule). Otherwise, you will need the 5 years, four of which can be substituted with college. Dont even bother to file for T/O without minimum req's as its a waste of money. Do try and get a 2 year degree in case they try and change up the requirements again, even if you go to school part time.

Best way is just file for conductor or station agent or bus operator or any title that promotes to train operator in one step (and bypass the five year rule). Otherwise, you will need the 5 years, four of which can be substituted with college. Dont even bother to file for T/O without minimum req's as its a waste of money. Do try and get a 2 year degree in case they try and change up the requirements again, even if you go to school part time.

That's exactly what I'm planning to do when I get to leave Transit Tech in 2015. I also hope for the best.

Archived