Petition to Reinstate Cleveland Bus Operator

BrooklynIRT

Fought off??? That's a bit of a stretch. If there is a petition going on for him to get his job back, let's first be honest about the events. There is no question that he used excessive force. I understand his point, but hey listen... He made a decision to confront her and this is result of his actions.

Yes, but he had to do what he could to disable her so she could not up and hit him again..or hit a passenger. I do not believe such judgment should be passed upon somebody who was in such a terrible situation; an unstable situation with too many variables involved

Yes, but he had to do what he could to disable her so she could not up and hit him again..or hit a passenger. I do not believe such judgment should be passed upon somebody who was in such a terrible situation; an unstable situation with too many variables involved

I would disagree with that... You make it sound like he had to use the amount of force that he did on her and it's clear to me that he knew exactly what he was doing and knew that the amount of force he was using was not necessary, not only by his actions but by his comments as well. He being the professional, he should've taken the high road, restrained her and got her off of the bus. I mean really, she was nothing compared to him, so he didn't have to uppercut her like that. On the same token, I'm not excusing her actions either. Quite frankly she got what she deserved, but from a job standpoint, if I was his employer, I would be issuing him a suspension at the very least for his excessive behavior, but also reviewing the protocols in place and seeing that shields were installed and anything else that should be in place to protect drivers AND also to deter these sorts of instances from occurring. I would also be looking to take action against the passenger if possible because while his actions were excessive, it is not acceptable to do what she did. Her behavior put all of the other passengers as well the driver AND herself at risk and bus companies need to start stepping up to the plate and letting the public know that this sort of behavior will not be tolerated on both sides of the fence.

Engaging in a verbal argument with a passenger while driving a bus is already endangering innocent lives. The professional thing to do would just be to let it go and. There's absolutely no doubt that the driver used excessive force. It's a stretch, but it could be justified as self defense, but it really shouldn't have even gotten to the point where he would need to do that.

That woman got exactly what she deserved, but the driver also got what he deserved. Perpetuating an argument that clearly would not end well while operating a massive vehicle that could kill many innocent lives is unacceptable.

Engaging in a verbal argument with a passenger while driving a bus is already endangering innocent lives. The professional thing to do would just be to let it go and. There's absolutely no doubt that the driver used excessive force. It's a stretch, but it could be justified as self defense, but it really shouldn't have even gotten to the point where he would need to do that.

That woman got exactly what she deserved, but the driver also got what he deserved. Perpetuating an argument that clearly would not end well while operating a massive vehicle that could kill many innocent lives is unacceptable.

That's exactly what I said in the Bus version of this forum.

Nope. That was a very poor way of handling the situation.

In my opinion, he shouldn't have even started a verbal argument with her. If he's thin-skinned enough to insult her after being called a bitch, then he really needs to toughen up. Arguments, not to mention scuffles, are distracting and dangerous to every passenger on the bus.

Archived