x30 Bus stops on West 57th

RMucerino

Hi,

In light of the recent troubles with hurricane Sandy, my son needed to take the express bus home from fordham's lincoln center campus. This is his first time using the express bus service, where on west 57th does the bus stop? I understand it stops at 8th Avenue but looking at it via Google maps and such show it as a x31 stop??? Thanks for your help

Hi,

In light of the recent troubles with hurricane Sandy, my son needed to take the express bus home from fordham's lincoln center campus. This is his first time using the express bus service, where on west 57th does the bus stop? I understand it stops at 8th Avenue but looking at it via Google maps and such show it as a x31 stop??? Thanks for your help

SI bus map has a map showing express bus stops in manhattan.

SI bus map has a map showing express bus stops in manhattan.

They show the routings, not the stops.

In any case, I assume it would stop at the X12 stop at 57th & 8th. If your son is unsure, he can wait at 57th & 9th instead (or take the subway down to 42nd Street and catch the X30 there. The (1)(2)(3) should be running close to normal)

X30 stops on West Side and X31 stops on East Side.

Closest X30 drop off and pickup is at 57th St/9th Av, however when you brother goes back, he has to flag X30 bus when he sees the X30 bus, or otherwise, X30 driver might think he might be waiting for local because it's shared with local and many few express buses.

There is an X30 bus stop at the corner of West 57th & Broadway, right where the TD Bank is. On Bus Time they have the stop listed as 8th & West 57th St which is where the old stop used to be at with the M31 and M57 but they moved it sometime last year I think which was good, this way express bus riders have their own stop and don't have to worry about M31s or M57s hindering their chances of catching their bus, as I was almost bypassed a few times myself at that stop because of that. The X12, X14 and X42 also stop there and there is a bus shelter there in case he wants to sit down or whatever. The only annoying thing is that you may get clueless people coming there thinking that the M31 or M57 stop there even though there is no bus stop for them there because it used to be an old local bus stop, but other than the obnoxious people asking if such and such bus stops there, I would get on there. It's the closest stop to Columbus Circle and the buses are usually empty (regardless of what express bus comes).

Archived