7202...The ECOCoach.....

Cait Sith

Well you don't see jakes on transit buses do you? Not even the New Flyer Viking had them.

Since when did the (MTA) have the jakes enabled on their OTR equipment to even begin with?

Look, I'm not gonna start an argument about this shit again. I made my point.

Why are you assuming that I'm trying to get at you? Just because a bus came from a manufacturer that's predominantly transit based doesn't mean every product is transit orientated. The ECOCoach is just as much an OTR as the Viking was and as the MCIs, Prevosts and Setras are. If MCI bought back the Flxible, does that make it an OTR coach then?

If you're gonna go get an attitude, at least have your facts straight.

P.S. Cummins doesn't offer an engine brake on their ISL engines, that's why this doesn't have it. If it came with a ISX however.... I've made my point.

Since when did the (MTA) have the jakes enabled on their OTR equipment to even begin with?

Why are you assuming that I'm trying to get at you? Just because a bus came from a manufacturer that's predominantly transit based doesn't mean every product is transit orientated. The ECOCoach is just as much an OTR as the Viking was and as the MCIs, Prevosts and Setras are. If MCI bought back the Flxible, does that make it an OTR coach then?

If you're gonna go get an attitude, at least have your facts straight.

P.S. Cummins doesn't offer an engine brake on their ISL engines, that's why this doesn't have it. If it came with a ISX however.... I've made my point.

1. Houston has Vikings too, and as far as I'm aware jakes were not offered on them.

2. They tried making this look like an OTR coach, but IMO it's far from one. Roof AC, THAT DOOR, etc., it just doesn't really feel like an OTR. And before anyone pulls the "I'm biased" shit again I don't really consider the Viking an OTR either, though I feel it's definitely more of an OTR than this.

3. I'm assuming you're trying to get at me because that's what people do to me on here on every possible occasion. Sorry if you weren't.

1. Houston has Vikings too, and as far as I'm aware jakes were not offered on them.

2. They tried making this look like an OTR coach, but IMO it's far from one. Roof AC, THAT DOOR, etc., it just doesn't really feel like an OTR. And before anyone pulls the "I'm biased" shit again I don't really consider the Viking an OTR either, though I feel it's definitely more of an OTR than this.

3. I'm assuming you're trying to get at me because that's what people do to me on here on every possible occasion. Sorry if you weren't.

Just because it has a roof mounted A/C doesn't mean it's not an OTR. The Neoplan AN340/5s had roof mounted A/C too and are also considered an OTR. The Designline coach should not be any different even though it has that feature.

I HIGHLY doubt these can even be made with Jakes. This isn't an MCI or a coach for that matter IMO, it's a transit bus made by a transit bus manufacturer with a high floor and suburban seats made to look like a coach. Plus, it has an ISL G, and I'm pretty sure MCI doesn't offer jakes on the CNG models so why would Designline?

Actually, lets get it straight, its a coach, not a transit bus. Designed top to bottom.

Jake Brakes have been placed on transit buses before (MUNI and Seattle METRO for example) and can be specified by any property. Jake brakes can be applied to any Diesel or CNG engine.

Also, MCI (and most other manufacturers) will do what a client wants if they want the contract that bad.

A little listening sample:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKgohyxnFZs

Hell they even put Jake Brakes on School Buses, another sample:

2009 Thomas Saf-T-Liner C2

http://www.ttmg.org/sounds/tlogan/Academy_Thomas_423.mp3

and also on the transit bus that I own, Detroit Diesel has told me it would be nothing for them to add a Jake to my 6V92 engine...nothing is impossible or can be highly doubted in this industry.

I HIGHLY doubt these can even be made with Jakes. This isn't an MCI or a coach for that matter IMO, it's a transit bus made by a transit bus manufacturer with a high floor and suburban seats made to look like a coach. Plus, it has an ISL G, and I'm pretty sure MCI doesn't offer jakes on the CNG models so why would Designline?

You're delusional, you seem to forget that MCI at one point did make MCI Classics AND regular transit buses. Just because Designline made them and it has a roof HVAC means it doesn't? What kind of half-assed argument is that?

Well you don't see jakes on transit buses do you? Not even the New Flyer Viking had them. And like I said, with these being CNG I don't know if a Jake Brake is possible.

They don't need to be "offered", they are requested by the TA that purchases them and they'll do whatever it takes to win the bid and satisfy the customer.

So I assume that our MCIs and Prevosts aren't "motorcoaches" and are "transit buses" because they don't have jake brakes, another half-assed argument.

There are OTR coaches that have a SINGLE-DOOR and there are OTR coaches they DO have rooftop HVAC units. You need to start looking up stuff before you start talking and making false claims about stuff.

And just how exactly is the Viking any different from the designline? They both look nearly the same, they both don't have Jake Brakes, they both have rooftop HVACs. The only thing they don't have the same of is the damn door.

The worst part about it all is that you have YET to even ride the damn Designline and I doubt you have ever rode a New Flyer Viking before.

Your arguments are really half-assed. You need to stop passing off your opinions as facts.

And if you're going to assume that people are getting at you, you need to get your priorities straight and hop off that high horse. Don't be mad because people are getting at your half-assed arguments.

There are OTR coaches that have a SINGLE-DOOR and there are OTR coaches they DO have rooftop HVAC units. You need to start looking up stuff before you start talking and making false claims about stuff.

Yeah, luxury motorcoaches DO have single doors, but this one slides in like on a transit bus doesn't it?

Look, this bus is basically the first draft for the EcoCoach, I'm sure Designline will have to improve on it and make it look more like a motorcoach eventually. But until that day at least this bus gets a thumbs down from me, as far as design goes. Performance? We'll have to see about that one too.

Yeah, luxury motorcoaches DO have single doors, but this one slides in like on a transit bus doesn't it?

Why does that matter? Our MCIs do the same shit except they two-piece door carrying OTR coaches, your argument is not even holding up properly.

And from what it looks like, it opens wide, it doesn't slide in. We'll have to wait and see.

Look, this bus is basically the first draft for the EcoCoach, I'm sure Designline will have to improve on it and make it look more like a motorcoach eventually. But until that day at least this bus gets a thumbs down from me, as far as design goes. Performance? We'll have to see about that one too.

Luxury Motorcoaches have BOTH single and bi-part doors AS PER THE CUSTOMER'S SPECIFICATIONS. Post Road Stages up in Connecticut who is a charter outfit ordered COACHES with bi-part doors and even commuter style front destination signs, but is used in nothing but charter service complete with TVs and restrooms. And Vice Versa, there is transit properties who ordered Commuter Coaches with the sedan-type doors. Also, Van Hool's doors open the same way these do, The Eagle Coach Bode doors opened this same way. If you need some pic proof, I'll gladly provide them for you.

I'm going to be real blunt here:

Some of you need to get your shit straight (awaits my warning points), because all this downing a bus and saying its garbage and you haven't set foot on it, BASED on its looks, is asinine. Let the bus do its thing for MINIMUM 3 months, go out there and ride the thing THEN make some educated opinions. At least at the point it will show whether its garbage or the real deal. And if this thing is built anything like the ECOSaver, its a strong bus. Remember the ONLY failing of the NYMTA Designlines was that garbage Bosch Turbine System NOT the bus itself. Sheesh!

I'm going to be real blunt here:

Some of you need to get your shit straight (awaits my warning points), because all this downing a bus and saying its garbage and you haven't set foot on it, BASED on its looks, is asinine. Let the bus do its thing for MINIMUM 3 months, go out there and ride the thing THEN make some educated opinions. At least at the point it will show whether its garbage or the real deal. And if this thing is built anything like the ECOSaver, its a strong bus. Remember the ONLY failing of the NYMTA Designlines was that garbage Bosch Turbine System NOT the bus itself. Sheesh!

It's a hard concept for some of these know-it-all kids to follow....

Some of you need to get your shit straight (awaits my warning points), because all this downing a bus and saying its garbage and you haven't set foot on it, BASED on its looks, is asinine.

Let the bus do its thing for MINIMUM 3 months, go out there and ride the thing THEN make some educated opinions. At least at the point it will show whether its garbage or the real deal.

That's very true. You can't just say a bus sucks when you never rode it, or say that it sucks because of how it looks. Because in the end, all that matters is what's under the hood and how it performs.

Sorry about the double-post btw.

Archived