207 Street Aftermath

Dan05979

I notice that in the second to last picture, the orange NYCT vest that the employee is wearing looks a little different compared to most others which I have seen throughout the system.

Just for curiosity, does anyone know why?

BTW of the four units that sat in floodwaters in 207, they were able to salvage two of them (both at the south end, so 5840 will run again) but the back two units at the block end will be scrapped, the water was much higher there since the grade is towards the block. The entering end of 207 is the highest point of track in the immediate area, with it sloping down in both directions, more severely toward Dyckman obviously.

I notice that in the second to last picture, the orange NYCT vest that the employee is wearing looks a little different compared to most others which I have seen throughout the system.

Just for curiosity, does anyone know why?

He's wearing one of the new vests. The MTA dropped IBNYS, which used to make the old vests. The new vests are now made in China.

BTW of the four units that sat in floodwaters in 207, they were able to salvage two of them (both at the south end, so 5840 will run again) but the back two units at the block end will be scrapped, the water was much higher there since the grade is towards the block. The entering end of 207 is the highest point of track in the immediate area, with it sloping down in both directions, more severely toward Dyckman obviously.

So the 6200? AB pair that is currently used for parts, would that be used again while the water logged cars are scrapped?

Ok, so it's in the high 6100s then, but I believe someone mentioned that AB pair was used for parts because the (G) no longer needed 6 car trains and I guess all the AA pairs are enough to fill out all the 4 car 'sets'. Basically, if the 2 cars from 207th are gone: would it be possible to get that 6100 AB set fixed up and run it with the surviving pair?

Do you know the fleet numbers of them?

Archived