Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Harry

Nor'easter set to hit New York on Wednesday

[float=left]post-5097-0-57067400-1352208665_thumb.jpg[/float]Another nasty bit of weather is headed New York’s way.

A “significant” nor'easter is developing off the coast of the Carolinas and on track to hit the New York area beginning at around dawn on Wednesday, the National Weather Service said.

The storm will not be as severe as Superstorm Sandy, but was packing rain and sustained winds of 30 to 40 mph and wind gusts of up to 60 mph, meteorologist Joe Picca said.

Read more: Source

post-5097-0-57067400-1352208665_thumb.jpg

Meh, this one doesn't look so bad!

Only a fool would underestimate weather.

• Upvote 8

At this point with folks still suffering any sort of storm is a huge set back. In my office we were affected by the Con Ed situation, so we've been FREEZING for the last two days as the entire building is without heat. This sucks royally. I can only hope that those damn space heaters that were ordered yesterday for all of the office come today. <_<

At this point with folks still suffering any sort of storm is a huge set back. In my office we were affected by the Con Ed situation, so we've been FREEZING for the last two days as the entire building is without heat. This sucks royally. I can only hope that those damn space heaters that were ordered yesterday for all of the office come today. <_<

Man it was hell for me last year, I lasted a week without heat cause my apartment boiler broke so had to buy a space heater, The irony is that I only used the space heater once since the heat was back the next day lol :angry:

Make sure you put space heater in a empty area.

As for the Nor'easter it may not be so bad as Sandy but the area of concern is the pleases that were damage from Sandy, also the people that got power back recently well lose it again sadly. :(

But let's hope it won't be as bad as the forecasters say it is.Mother nature can be very predictable at times good or bad, so be prepare.

Man it was hell for me last year, I lasted a week without heat cause my apartment boiler broke so had to buy a space heater, The irony is that I only used the space heater once since the heat was back the next day lol :angry:

Make sure you put space heater in a empty area.

As for the Nor'easter it may not be so bad as Sandy but the area of concern is the pleases that were damage from Sandy, also the people that got power back recently well lose it again sadly. :(

But let's hope it won't be as bad as the forecasters say it is.Mother nature can be very predictable at times good or bad, so be prepare.

Yeah it'll be in an open space in my office, but right next to me. :lol: I'm just glad my office doesn't have windows. I thought about taking the one next to me which has a window, but my co-worker is freezing in that office now... My boss has the most windows out of all of the offices (three to be exact) and it is literally like a big meat locker. It was so cold in there that I stood by her door to meet with her yesterday instead of closing the door and going in to chat like I usually do. She kept writing to me via e-mail asking me are you coming to my office? I had my door closed to keep the draft out and every time I thought about going over there I'm like uhhh, I'll delay a bit more since I just wanted to chat with her briefly about a few non important things anyway. I almost thought of taking my coat off of the hook on the back of my office door, getting my gloves and then going to chat with her like that, this way neither of us would be out of place since she had her coat on. :lol:

With luck we'll get the space heaters this afternoon and heat back to the building maybe on Friday. It's colder in here since we're on a higher floor than our old office and there are more offices with windows.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

Had to trudge through the snow today... (at least I have the (G) back :)) wasn't pleasant at all...

I'm concerned about the people in the areas of New York who were severely affected by superstorm Sandy. They still don't have heat, some still do not have power, and must not be doing so well in this storm. Particularly in Queens according to my knowledge.

I can't help but realize I don't have it so bad.

• Upvote 2

I'm hoping anyone that is in the areas that got the worse of Superstorm Sandy take this storm seriously and prepares themselves.

I'm concerned about the people in the areas of New York who were severely affected by superstorm Sandy. They still don't have heat, some still do not have power, and must not be doing so well in this storm. Particularly in Queens according to my knowledge.

I can't help but realize I don't have it so bad.

I overheard one lady on MetroNorth this morning saying that she just got back power. They had a fireplace which helped, but it was still quite cold...

100,000 new power outages for nj from this.

I heard the same statistic for LIPA out here on Long Island as well. Cuomo will have even more smoke to blow out of his ass now. If one lineman is injured while rebuilding after Sandy, the blood is on his hands.