MTA Maryland is listening

Harry

[float=left]post-5097-0-83443000-1352224128_thumb.jpg[/float]The unblinking eye of the camera is increasingly all around us. On the street corner, inside the convenience store, in office building lobbies — not to mention in the hands of everyone with a cellphone. So it's not surprising that the Maryland Transit Administration's plan to activate microphones on buses is raising concerns about privacy.

But while there is a good conversation to be had about the slippery slope of lost privacy in Baltimore and elsewhere, this doesn't appear to be the place to draw the line. What the MTA is proposing is so mildly intrusive and the benefits so obvious that we suspect that, if polled, about 99 out of 100 transit riders would support the effort.

Read more: Source

post-5097-0-83443000-1352224128_thumb.jpg

can't wait to see the benefits I hope they do it on their commuter lines as they are the only means of transit service for many areas to reach DC I hope those get boosted service hour spans beyond rush hour. I use MTA maryland routes every time I visit the people need better connections and fast service. They also need a fast transit alternative to the I-695 disaster it's baltimore's version of the gonowhere.

Archived