Subway Fleet

StevenFrancis

Yeah sure... To please some of the railfans.... And hear complaints from communities for changes.. (Yes it happens at times)..

But me I don't care... As long as I get to my destination...

I say there's a good reason for the change because for example the rollsigns on the R68s and R68As on the (B) are usually stuck between "Bronx - Bedford Park Blvd" and "Harlem - 145th Street" and it confuses me

I say there's a good reason for the change because for example the rollsigns on the R68s and R68As on the (B) are usually stuck between "Bronx - Bedford Park Blvd" and "Harlem - 145th Street" and it confuses me
Fair statement.

I don't think it's a big deal because the (4) had the wrong signage while using the R62/A cars (I think it said 148 St-Harlem to New Lots Av). Sometimes, buses have the wrong signage (Bx36 to Soundview when in fact they're going to Washington Hts)

Regardless of a sign like that, if you live in the city, you should already know the system. Its common sense. If you live along the Concourse line, you should already know what time (D) Express starts or when the (B) heads to Bedford or ends at 145, which route goes where, etc. If you are traveling from one borough to another and don't know, then you read the signs in the station, trains or look at the timetable. <<<< A LOT of people don't do this. Tourist I'll give them a break, but people within the city, don't think so...UNLESS they are new to certain areas or have bad memory.

You don't have to be a buff to know all this. Heh, I've been in this city for years and I already know my way around. If I don't know something, I get a map and/or timetable and do some quick studying.. << Smart move!

Why not? There are more available cars at CI, and it is a shorter deadhead, as there is less switching and revenue traffic.

the deadhead is about the same, i rather have the (G) back at jamaica with R46's, the R68A's aren't right for the (G) they suck when they do OPTO service, they should have put R160's on the (G) VERY easy for OPTO service since T/O's don't have to enable for the doors to open

the deadhead is about the same, i rather have the (G) back at jamaica with R46's, the R68A's aren't right for the (G) they suck when they do OPTO service, they should have put R160's on the (G) VERY easy for OPTO service since T/O's don't have to enable for the doors to open

There aren't enough R160's available for that anyway... and there's no 5 car maker either.

Archived