DesignLine Commuter Coach Discussion

Cait Sith

Why is that?

1. The drivers seem to want nothing to do with them (as I've heard), and their supervisor probably understands why since they keep breaking down.

2. They're waiting to be exchanged with MCIs. And instead of sending them out, only for them to break down again, they'd rather leave them parked until MCI comes to take them or they get scrapped.

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. The drivers seem to want nothing to do with them (as I've heard), and their supervisor probably understands why since they keep breaking down.

2. They're waiting to be exchanged with MCIs. And instead of sending them out, only for them to break down again, they'd rather leave them parked until MCI comes to take them or they get scrapped.

What buses are you talking about?  What buses are going where?

What buses are you talking about?  What buses are going where?

The DesignLine EcoCoaches. MCI might come and take them off of NJT's hands, and in return, MCI might give NJT 76 D4500 CNGs. However that depends on some legal decisions NJT has to make. But for now, NJT is supposed to get an extra 84 CNG buses from MCI to replace all of the older MCI CNG buses.

Hope that was descriptive enough.

The DesignLine EcoCoaches. MCI might come and take them off of NJT's hands, and in return, MCI might give NJT 76 D4500 CNGs. However that depends on some legal decisions NJT has to make. But for now, NJT is supposed to get an extra 84 CNG buses from MCI to replace all of the older MCI CNG buses.

Hope that was descriptive enough.

Thank you.

Pretty interesting that MCI would take them off of MCI's hands, where do you think they'd end up or do you think they'd just sit in MCI's used inventory?

How many buses are we talking about?

However that depends on some legal decisions NJT has to make. But for now, NJT is supposed to get an extra 84 CNG buses from MCI to replace all of the older MCI CNG buses.

Sounds like Designline dropped the ball and violated the contract.  That's why I originally thought the buses would go back to DesignLign, ie you violated then contract, couldn't produce, here's your buses back we'll be taking our business elsewhere.

I just knew the Eco-Lemons would be junk.....and will probably be the newest NJT buses to go to the scrapper..lol

I don't think anyone is going to destroy brand new buses, NJT would never get their money back then.

It sucks for any new builders like RTS, I thought they would've had a real shot with NJT when/if they get up and running.  BUT after this learning lesson NJT might decide to go with trusted and true builders who've worked for them instead.

Burrstone, on 19 Sept 2013 - 11:25 PM, said:

I don't think anyone is going to destroy brand new buses, NJT would never get their money back then.

It sucks for any new builders like RTS, I thought they would've had a real shot with NJT when/if they get up and running.  BUT after this learning lesson NJT might decide to go with trusted and true builders who've worked for them instead.

Except in this situation, MCI never bidded on the CNG contract. Hence why we have Designlines!

Had a pretty interesting ride on 7204 earlier tonight on the 130. I actually saw a bunch of them deadheading to PABT today and some along the way to Howell P&R....about 8 or so buses. The ride was pretty good, a bit rough in some parts along the way.

I have to ask a question though....what in the BLUE HELL is the big deal with the seats?! It reclines pretty far back, just an inch or too off of what the MCI recline is....the seats themselves were comfortable and passengers on my bus seemed to be pleased with it altogether.

And whoever says that Howell customers are clean....you gotta be kidding me, there was garbage in the middle and rear of the bus. No wonder why Howell MCIs got bedbugs and shit smh.

And for those who say the buses are slow....my bus was MOVING!

1238804_10152219264079348_836138806_n.jp

With the Designline going through bankruptcy and most likely legal action and countersuit between NJT and Designline those coaches will be in legal limbo for the next few years.

That's why I am surprised they were not taken out of service. Putting miles on them does not go well for NJT's case.

Archived