DesignLine Commuter Coach Discussion

Cait Sith

I know one thing's for sure, those D4000s can't be sitting well with the Howell passengers. I took 8286 on the 139 and you'd be surprised how quickly the bus filled up. I felt like I was vacuum packed into a sardine can. Hopefully MCI sends this D4500CT pilot soon. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The CNGs we got now are 40 feet too... 139 pax have had 40 footers running for a long time now. But there's a reason they don't run those things on the Weehawken/JC routes, like CS was saying it's a mess every time. 1 time the last 64H of the morning ran a CNG and every seat looked still full at Newport, which means they had standing pax all the way up.

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The CNGs we got now are 40 feet too... 139 pax have had 40 footers running for a long time now. But there's a reason they don't run those things on the Weehawken/JC routes, like CS was saying it's a mess every time. 1 time the last 64H of the morning ran a CNG and every seat looked still full at Newport, which means they had standing pax all the way up.

I'm not 100% sure about the full reasons as to why they don't run those on the Weekhawken/JC routes, but one reason I heard was that the folks that lived out there in JC/Weehawken/HOB/JSQ complained of the fumes those buses would leave on idle and on takeoff(and they do leave a pretty foul smell at times).

Yeah NJT shouldn't be running CNGs or D4000s on the 64H. That route needs to be strictly '45 only. I'm going to be heading into the city a lot this summer and I might take the 64H to Hoboken for the 126 some days. Hopefully by then there won't be anymore D4000s or CNGs on that route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah NJT shouldn't be running CNGs or D4000s on the 64H. That route needs to be strictly '45 only. I'm going to be heading into the city a lot this summer and I might take the 64H to Hoboken for the 126 some days. Hopefully by then there won't be anymore D4000s or CNGs on that route. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't bet on that, that's when Six Flags will be open. Howell is going to need even more buses unless they start receiving those MCIs by July.

When Howell does Six Flags trips, they're usually trippers off of their 139 runs between April and October

It's more than that, there are 308 runs that interline with the 67, 137, 139 and a few of the rush hour routes during the weekday.

I hear we are going to be getting 139/308 trippers this summer. The second that goes on the board im picking lol. Ill leave that extra board for that.

The harbor getting trippers!? I wonder if it's because of the situation at Ironbound?

What's going on at Ironbound?

And 7204 showed up on the 133 this morning. It's not dead yet!

Ironbound is being punished, in some way, as a result of some of the drivers there not wanting to work.

7214 is on the 139 now. Been a while...

EDIT: and now 7206 and 7211 are on the 139! How come they're just sending em out now that we're talking about em LOL

7204 still out there on the 133 Wednesday at 730pm.

So I'm on 7212 now on the 139...dammmmm these seats are HARD. Back row got the most comfy seats in the bus hands down and they don't even recline.

Also there actually is a small luggage bin under the bus next to the front door and I was gonna use it but the driver told me to bring my stuff inside.

Archived