DesignLine Commuter Coach Discussion

Cait Sith

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So how often do these things run? I have yet to ride one (let alone see one in person lol) and I'm probably one of the few fans of those buses...idk, I thought they had potential...

In most cases, during the rush hour on the various PABT routes and sometimes the Jersey City routes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Was waiting for that to happen. Now will the feds let them order 15 or whatever more MCIs to replace them?

They said the doors blew open at high speeds causing the bus to brake from the door interlock. Joke of a bus, good thing they never got the full order.

According to another site the remaining Designlines are now out of service major problems with them.  Mothballed DONE.

Not quite, unless the feds find faults with them, then they can get rid of them. Otherwise, they'll be back on the road. I've been hearing that they'll be contacting EPV to amend repairs for those buses, as folks from EPV will be heading to Howell to inspect and repair buses accordingly.

• 5 months later...

So will they be finally mothballed, despite being bought with federal funds?

They aren't being retired. NJT has to keep them in service since it was brought with Federal Funds.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived