DesignLine Commuter Coach Discussion

Cait Sith

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Transitfan007" data-cid="641574" data-time="1359990287"><p>

Saw 7202 on the 139 SB this morning.</p></blockquote>

That seems to be the plan for them, run it up there early during rush hour (too early for me lol) and send it back down a little later in the morning.

Because I loved the design of the MTA's Designlines, though I only rode the MTA's once, despite the MTA's performance due to the Turbine Motor, I still have hope for Designlines in general. I surely saw 7202 very breifly on the Turnpike once on the 319, but I have to say, this is one good lookin' bus. I still haven't been in it so can't judge, though I do hope to catch it soon.

Because I loved the design of the MTA's Designlines, though I only rode the MTA's once, despite the MTA's performance due to the Turbine Motor, I still have hope for Designlines in general. I surely saw 7202 very breifly on the Turnpike once on the 319, but I have to say, this is one good lookin' bus. I still haven't been in it so can't judge, though I do hope to catch it soon.

The 319?? You Sure? That means that bus was in Meadowlands or Egg Harbor.......

• 1 month later...
Guest MTA Bus

What type of height clearance does 7202 get in the Holland with the unit on top if anyone knows? It looks pretty high!

The CNG tank on 7202 is on the bottom of the bus.

Saw it today pull into a gate at PABT around 7am, I think it was 317. The sign said No Passengers. Now seeing it in person I have to say it's a nice looking bus, I like the front door area it looks much easier for seniors and people to board where the MCI's are kinda narrow. Kinda looking forward to them, those CNG MCI's are getting tired, had 7005 on the 137 going back from TR and I thought it was gonna die on some of those hills on the parkway especially by PNC. When are the rest of the Designlines supposed to arrive?

Saw it today pull into a gate at PABT around 7am, I think it was 317. The sign said No Passengers. Now seeing it in person I have to say it's a nice looking bus, I like the front door area it looks much easier for seniors and people to board where the MCI's are kinda narrow. Kinda looking forward to them, those CNG MCI's are getting tired, had 7005 on the 137 going back from TR and I thought it was gonna die on some of those hills on the parkway especially by PNC. When are the rest of the Designlines supposed to arrive?

317? Can't be, that doesn't go to NY, unless you mean the PA gate lol. That seems to be what it does though, gets to the PABT real early and when I'm on the 139 coming up around 8-9 I see it going the other way on the Turnpike. Now if only I could figure out where it is during the PM rush...

Anyway I don't see them doing sh*t, I would NOT be surprised if the order just gets cancelled and transferred to MCI. It's taking way too long.

EDIT: I forgot there was a gate 317 at the PA lol...

7203 and friends arrive next month.

Yup, as heard from a friend of mine, the delivery has just begun.

317?

Can't be, that doesn't go to NY, unless you mean the PA gate lol. That

seems to be what it does though, gets to the PABT real early and when

I'm on the 139 coming up around 8-9 I see it going the other way on the

Turnpike. Now if only I could figure out where it is during the PM

rush...

Anyway I don't see them doing sh*t, I would NOT

be surprised if the order just gets cancelled and transferred to MCI.

It's taking way too long.

EDIT: I forgot there was a gate 317 at the PA lol...

It's a new model, it's going to take some time, obviously...especially if NJT is holding up the order...

Sorry to have crushed your hopes, but they're coming!

Archived