DesignLine Commuter Coach Discussion

Cait Sith

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, as heard from a friend of mine, the delivery has just begun.

It's a new model, it's going to take some time, obviously...especially if NJT is holding up the order...

Sorry to have crushed your hopes, but they're coming!

Glad to hear the order is still ongoing. Thanks for the update.

• 1 month later...

Doubt we'll see that, NJT is public sector so they'd have to find the money for that. I'm hoping we'll have power outlets though like the MTA's Prevosts.

Don't the 2008 CTs rejects have outlets? I do like how the Prevost outlets are against the walls instead of covered like the MCIs. I'm sure they'll have outlets on em as well.

Don't the 2008 CTs rejects have outlets? I do like how the Prevost outlets are against the walls instead of covered like the MCIs. I'm sure they'll have outlets on em as well.

2008 MTA/NJT CTs have them in the back row and maybe the front too, they're covered and NJT keeps them screwed shut most of the time, when they're open and you try to plug stuff in they don't work. Not sure how MTA does it with their units though. We also have power outlets in the luggage racks all the way in the back on our other MCIs (including the CNGs) but I never tried using them.

2008 MTA/NJT CTs have them in the back row and maybe the front too, they're covered and NJT keeps them screwed shut most of the time, when they're open and you try to plug stuff in they don't work. Not sure how MTA does it with their units though. We also have power outlets in the luggage racks all the way in the back on our other MCIs (including the CNGs) but I never tried using them.

That's so dumb. At least in our current 2008s non-reject CTs, they are available for use and surprisingly, they work. I've only had one incident where they didnt work and that was when I had a ride back on the x1 (when they were at Yukon) and ALL of them were not working/switched off. They seemed to be working/switched on all the time now since they are at Castleton.

It's another reason as to why I prefer the x10 over the x1 because lately, I've been getting some dead outlets on the Yukon Prevosts where some worked and some didn't.

-EDIT-

I've been told that several Designline units have trickled their way into New Jersey, but they are not at Howell yet.

Also, peep this

That's so dumb. At least in our current 2008s non-reject CTs, they are available for use and surprisingly, they work. I've only had one incident where they didnt work and that was when I had a ride back on the x1 (when they were at Yukon) and ALL of them were not working/switched off. They seemed to be working/switched on all the time now since they are at Castleton.

It's another reason as to why I prefer the x10 over the x1 because lately, I've been getting some dead outlets on the Yukon Prevosts where some worked and some didn't.

-EDIT-

I've been told that several Designline units have trickled their way into New Jersey, but they are not at Howell yet.

Also, peep this

So 160 total? Nice. Glad to see NJT is liking the new product.

Doesn't mean they will be Designline. It's a separate solicitation/order that MCI will bid on and possibly win.

Re-read what it just said.

76 CNG-Fueled ‘EcoCoach’ Vehicles and the Possibility of 84 More

Separately, New Jersey Natural Gas Is to Build Three CNG Stations

Archived