DesignLine Commuter Coach Discussion

Cait Sith

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems to me the old MCI CNGs will still be around for a while, from reading through the link NJT wants to replace their high mileage diesel fleet.

Sadly they can't, unless they renew the tanks. The next order will push out some diesels from Howell, I doubt they'll be retired, they'll probably send them up to North Jersey.

Sadly they can't, unless they renew the tanks. The next order will push out some diesels from Howell, I doubt they'll be retired, they'll probably send them up to North Jersey.

What about Academy?  They need some more MCIs and drivers of course!

What about Academy? They need some more MCIs and drivers of course!

If the mileage is so high I'm sure NJT will send them to a more low-mileage depot/PBL.

Remember that Academy has its own (non-NJT owned) fleet that they use on their commuter runs all the time, hell I even saw a Setra on a Wall Street to Route 9 run yesterday. Most of the other PBLs have their own fleet as well.

If the mileage is so high I'm sure NJT will send them to a more low-mileage depot/PBL.

Remember that Academy has its own (non-NJT owned) fleet that they use on their commuter runs all the time, hell I even saw a Setra on a Wall Street to Route 9 run yesterday. Most of the other PBLs have their own fleet as well.

I remember when those Setras were fresh and new to Academy, one of them actually showed up Downtown. Them folks were ecstatic except for this one guy that was like "ugh, how'd we go from a blue & white beauty to this silver ugly piece of sh!t?!"

I remember when those Setras were fresh and new to Academy, one of them actually showed up Downtown. Them folks were ecstatic except for this one guy that was like "ugh, how'd we go from a blue & white beauty to this silver ugly piece of sh!t?!"

LOL, bet he didn't say that after he'd been riding on it for an hour.

Well he better get used to it as Academy is going to the Silver/Grey colours on all new orders.

Well he better get used to it as Academy is going to the Silver/Grey colours on all new orders.

Yup.

Speaking of them, their new J4500s have hit service. Seen 1606 and 2 others in service.

That so? I thought that was just their scheme for the luxury/mainly charter fleet.

I'll miss the blue and white, but I'm interested in what their next state buses will look like!

I'm now hearing that the B/O has to make sure the wheels are completely straight before opening the door or it won't open, since the front wheel blocks the sliding door. The seats also apparently have little to no recline despite there being a recline button, and riders are shitting bricks over fhe ML seats.

They got a hell of a lot of changes to make if they want this order to have a chance of working out.

What kinda shit is that the wheels have to be straight so the doors can open, lol. Good look howell.

Well it's the sliding door, I know Setra, Vanhool and others do that on their coaches but I'm damn sure they don't have to have the wheels straight to open the door.

MTA, NJT, and everyone else gave up doors like that for the bi-parting doors for a reason, hell even Prevost had to have them on their transit X3-45. This door seems to be fast actually, unlike the slow old doors that opened out that led to transit MCIs having the bi-parting doors, but if they have to have the steering wheel straight to open them that's a problem.

Well. I wonder which NJT routes these buses pop up the most and at what time. Does anybody know?

They're out of the Howell Bus Facility, so they can run on the 64, 67, 130-139, and select 128 and 308 (Six Flags seasonal) runs. We also got the 307 Six Flags-Freehold but that doesn't head up to North Jersey or NY if you're not gonna be able to catch one out here.

Archived