DesignLine Commuter Coach Discussion

Cait Sith

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if some of those DesignLines are gonna have the big NJT logo on the front. instead of the small one. NJT seems to leave some buses out when putting ads on the front. I've noticed that a bit lately with the D4000s and D4500s. Some CL's have it too.

Maybe they'll make the bottom streamlined too. Who knows.

7205 is going down the Turnpike NIS, just saw it in Secaucus. Tried getting a pic but was too late.

It returned as a 130. I barely shot it when it was signed as a shuttle.

Sent from the Sixth Circle of Hell.

5:30ish

What, really? I didn't even see that one come down! Though then again, there was an assload of traffic coming into Manhattan as usual.....

Photo of 7205 from moi. It was rushed since I had just left a work/job spot at 44th Street and I saw it turn at 36th/37th Street or so. I have an idea as to the times they come in and out. I should be able to confirm it hopefully on Monday.

936410_10151906592899348_710363668_n.jpg

I will say, I actually heard the takeoff on it. The BOV is pretty loud and it's very C40LF characteristic(obviously because its an ISL-G). It also makes that screeching noise when the brake is hit a lil too hard.

7205 before it started service on the 136. I hear more are coming in the coming days.

6267_10151912198334348_824189542_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Im on the 139 line and rode both 7202 and 7205. Although this is my opinion only, I was not impressed with what I saw.

Pluses

Air conditioning is much improved. The blowers are positioned on the top of the Windows and the air circulation is much stronger.

Windows are larger.

Negatives:

Arrangement of the Lighting: The lighting is not recessed as they are on the MCI's. They are on the edge of the package racks directly over isle and passenger seating. The lights are way to bright and absolutely blinding.

Seating:

Although the seats do have a reclining button, they recline only about one inch. The seats are not made out of Fabric as they are on the MCI's, but made out of vinyl, This gives the interior layout of the bus a very dated 1980's look.

Package Compartment Underneath Bus:

None

General Bus Mechanics:

Overall the ride was very bumpy. I'm not sure if it was the driver or not, but the pickup on the bus seemed slowwer then the MCI's.

Overall, I was not impressed. 5/10. It's to bad that MCI overbid on this contract.

Archived