MTA boss says he'll appoint chief for each subway line to improve service

Trainspotter

We already have it on the (L) and it seems to work alright the line ups come in and stay clear. The thing I had to get use to was RCC seeing your every move and knowing why you went BIE when it happens in most cases then not the BIE was part of CBTC Failure.
CBTC on the(L) is one thing but on the IRT when you have(1),(2),(3),(4),(5),(6)

trains intermingling on the main Lex and 7th Ave lines you are subject to get any ( wrong) line up and wind up on a wrong route completely. I can see CBTC working on a closed line like the (L) or(7) but what happens when the (L) is re-routed on the (J) and is sent to Broad St.because of some major blockage? Most of the senior guys in the A Division won't take a wrong lineup but when you have the RCC telling you that you have the correct line-up and you're looking at an incorrect one in the field, before your eyes, you tend to slow it up and make sure you're in the right. ATS and CBTC are similar systems, made by the same company, but ATS seems to be a boondoggle to this point. Remember that if you take a wrong line-up, or hit an interlocking signal that doesn't change(or goes back to danger because they caught their mistake) it falls on the T/O and not the system. I was working the (5) one day and at the point of no return ( Utica or Flatbush) I was given the wrong line-up because the RCC said I was a (4) train. The local tower and I called them and told them about the mistake and they still didn't want to admit that the system made a mistake.

If your a (L) rerouted on the (J) once you take the switch CBTC get delocalised and operate Via Signal Systerm. However going back on to the (L) CBTC territory and your in CBTC mode you must make sure your train is Localised before passing the last Home Signal on the (L) Main line mean your MAL appears and the signals start flashing. You must operate slowly and if your not localised you must not pass the H/S or you will go BIE from the CBTC syterms. Some ways to over come it is to Operate on the Bypass or RM via RCC.

The numbered lines are running later these days because of a new system installed called ATS, Those of you who wanted to computerize the system for the 21st. century ,well here it is. Now the trains run slower than they did in the last century. And it's coming to the lettered lines next.

ATS is was of the reasons i left the A Div i got tired of playing "musical signals on the (1) and (2) Lines...

When i started in 2001 it took you and Hr and ONE Minute to get from WDL to Uitca on the (4) line.

Now i hear horror stories from (4) Line People that i still talk to that it whould take crews almost two hrs to get from WDL to Utica...

Actually with the MTA "money issues" ATS for the B Div is going to take a while...

Lots of track and switches to replace(There is still a lot of air switches left and fiber optic cable to run).

They are 3 years behind schedule and god knows how many millions overbudget with that system..

Remember Lee and Roberts didnt OK this garbage...

The "Previous" people who ran things down here did, looking to cut jobs and wound up costing the MTA millions..

ATS is was of the reasons i left the A Div i got tired of playing "musical signals on the (1) and (2) Lines...

When i started in 2001 it took you and Hr and ONE Minute to get from WDL to Uitca on the (4) line.

Now i hear horror stories from (4) Line People that i still talk to that it whould take crews almost two hrs to get from WDL to Utica...

Actually with the MTA "money issues" ATS for the B Div is going to take a while...

Lots of track and switches to replace(There is still a lot of air switches left and fiber optic cable to run).

They are 3 years behind schedule and god knows how many millions overbudget with that system..

Remember Lee and Roberts didnt OK this garbage...

The "Previous" people who ran things down here did, looking to cut jobs and wound up costing the MTA millions..

Thanks for the back-up. Some times our fellow posters should see the results of their wish lists. Or have to operate a train through this crap for a week. When it was proposed it was called "automated train scheduling" and promised the ability to run trains more efficiently during rush hours. Since the IRT Lex line is already operating over capacity can someone explain to me,a non physics major, how anyone

could believe this garbage in the first place, Where is the Attorney General, Comptroller, or US Attorney or anyone else investigating this fiasco?

to me (MTA) is just wasting money. if the T/O actually do their jobs and not slack off they will actually get the service better and not waste money (us) and them

I haven't laughed so hard in a long time after reading that comment. I already see the T/O's chewing you out so I will just eat my popcorn.

Archived