Majority of Puerto Ricans favor US statehood for first time

MTARegional Bus

I hate to tell you this but it does.

http://www.stateheal...p?rgn=34&ind=14

If it wasn't for the subsidizes NYC do be a total different place,it won't be a melting pot that's for sure, it would be like an episode of friends LOL.

I think that link is inaccurate. The poverty rate for NY State as a whole is something like 14%, not 22% (unless they're using a different metric for measuring poverty)

For NYC, I thought it was something like 18-20%, though I could believe it's 22%. But a website talking about State Health profiles wouldn't talk about NYC.

In any case, TBH, I'm disappointed in you for making that statement you just did. You're basically insinuating that all Blacks/Hispanics/Asians are poor, which is so wrong I can't even begin to describe it. So 33% of Blacks are living below the poverty line (which like I said, I think that stat is off, but anyway). What about the 67% who aren't living below the poverty line? What about the middle class Black/Hispanic areas in the city (or diverse, middle-class areas in general)?

For NYC, I thought it was something like 18-20%, though I could believe it's 22%. But a website talking about State Health profiles wouldn't talk about NYC.

In any case, TBH, I'm disappointed in you for making that statement you just did. You're basically insinuating that all Blacks/Hispanics/Asians are poor, which is so wrong I can't even begin to describe it. So 33% of Blacks are living below the poverty line (which like I said, I think that stat is off, but anyway). What about the 67% who aren't living below the poverty line? What about the middle class Black/Hispanic areas in the city (or diverse, middle-class areas in general)?

Look am not saying that all blacks and Hispanics are Poor, but that is just the reality, Blacks and Hispanics are more in poverty then whites, so what can we do about it?, improve public education and better paying jobs, but even that is something that the city can't Fix, even if the TBH stats are wrong.

He is also simply wrong. New York state is not subsidized. It subsidizes the rest of the country at a rate of almost 4500 dollars per New Yorker.

The city gets subsidized one way or the other, Whether is section 8 or Subsidizing for small business.

That's my fault for bring race into this, Am Sorry :(

Now let go back on topic please.

You opened this can of worms, like hell if you're going to close it like that.

I'm unsurprised that the usual suspects haven't jumped down your throat.

Look am not saying that all blacks and Hispanics are Poor, but that is just the reality, Blacks and Hispanics are more in poverty then whites, so what can we do about it?, improve public education and better paying jobs, but even that is something that the city can't Fix, even if the TBH stats are wrong.

So if not all Blacks & Hispanics are poor, then there should still be some "colored people" left in NYC, right?

The city gets subsidized one way or the other, Whether is section 8 or Subsidizing for small business.

His point was that NYC gives more money to the federal government than the federal government gives back to us. But to be fair, I see the point you were trying to make was about the subsidies the local government gives out.

Where's the outrage?

Since it's the first time making a comment like this (as far as I recall anyway), I'll let him slide. But otherwise, I wouldn't be taking this so lightly (especially considering he actually went and tried to find a source to back it up, which made it more than just a joke).

You opened this can of worms, like hell if you're going to close it like that.

I'm unsurprised that the usual suspects haven't jumped down your throat.

like I said it was truly disrespectful of me to say colored people, I should have said say it a different manner, You can call me want ever you want cause I can't changed that.

Hes Right, I am such a naughty boy ;)

Let me at em Let me at em!! :lol:

"Back to topic" as Shortline would say... So I'm assuming you're Puerto Rican since you've spoken a lot on this topic no? I wonder how many Boricuas from the island support Statehood versus Puerto Ricans living here in the mainland US...

Let me at em Let me at em!! :lol:

Please be gentle :D

"Back to topic" as Shortline would say... So I'm assuming you're Puerto Rican since you've spoken a lot on this topic no? I wonder how many Boricuas from the island support Statehood versus Puerto Ricans living here in the mainland US...

No really, My family is from the Dominican Republic but most of my family migrated to PR so.

I still think they want to stay as Common Wealth nation, There reason they want statehood is because the economy down there is so bad right now.

Well, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt that he's not racist like the two of you are.

VG8 does bring a good point about the Double Standard Society we all live in.

See, it was only a matter of time until you used that line. Exhausted all your other options, huh?

You were asking about the double standard. I'm saying the reason for the "double standard". You guys have already proven yourself racist. He hasn't. It's as simple as that. (And racism is relevant because he talked about how subsidies are the only reason "colored people" can live in NYC).

You were asking about the double standard. I'm saying the reason for the "double standard". You guys have already proven yourself racist. He hasn't. It's as simple as that. (And racism is relevant because he talked about how subsidies are the only reason "colored people" can live in NYC).

Racist and Racist regardless and want I did was unacceptable and not me, Joe has every right to say what he wants so say about me because again can't change that.

You make the claim, you show the proof. Put up, or shut up.

Well, for VG8, let's take a look at this little gem of a PM (and I've forwarded it to a bunch of other members. This was back in early July)

I am NOT dark and I appreciate you disrespecting me that way. I will NOT tolerate being disrespected like that and I am insulted at you calling me dark as if I'm a piece of shit or something. This is the second time you're referred to me as being dark and I DON'T APPRECIATE IT!!

Comparing dark-skinned people to body waste? Sounds like a racist to me. I can find more if I look, but I don't feel like it right now.

For you, we have this little gem of a post.

So Hispanics are such savages that as soon as they become the majority, they're going to declare open season on whites?

Then of course, there's your obsession with the looters in Coney Island, a minority neighborhood. You keep asking "Why aren't there articles talking about all the looting going on by those savages?" There was looting going on all over the city and even in Long Island, but you just want to hear about the looting in Coney Island.

If you're gonna reference my posts, then you have to understand them correctly. You're +1 for effort, but -2 for execution. Don't worry, you'll get another chance later on, chief.

Well then explain it to me then. What's so special about that looters in Coney Island that you want to hear about them? You said yourself that people on Long Island are getting their houses picked apart, and their gas and generators stolen from them. How come you're not complaining about the lack of media coverage on that? (And for your information, there was a ton of media coverage. A quick Yahoo! search reveals that). Why is it not "savegery" like it is in Coney Island?

And explain that comment about "joining in on the festivities". Open season is going to be declared on whites once Hispanics become the majority? Yeah, I don't think so. What would lead you to believe that? Unless you think that they're all "savages" because they're not White.

Archived