Majority of Puerto Ricans favor US statehood for first time

MTARegional Bus

Well, for VG8, let's take a look at this little gem of a PM (and I've forwarded it to a bunch of other members. This was back in early July)

I am NOT dark and I appreciate you disrespecting me that way. I will NOT tolerate being disrespected like that and I am insulted at you calling me dark as if I'm a piece of shit or something. This is the second time you're referred to me as being dark and I DON'T APPRECIATE IT!!

Comparing dark-skinned people to body waste? Sounds like a racist to me. I can find more if I look, but I don't feel like it right now.

There was no comparing dark skinned "people". I said me... It is insulting to do what you did. You came out and asked me on numerous occasions "why am I so dark?" like something is wrong with me so let's get the facts straight here. I don't have a problem with my skin color, but apparently you do which is why you asked me repeatedly "Is that why you're so dark?" even after I explained to you that I'm of mixed background, so you can forward a one sided e-mail all you want, to whomever you want. If you're going to publicize something, get the facts straight and stop misquoting people, acting like you just asked a simple question, when in reality you did far more than that, whether you realized it or not, especially when your question was answered once. Once the question was answered, there was no need for you to keep referencing how "dark" I am, so let's not pretend that you just asked a simple "innocent" question, which is what you've tried to convey here.

If you're curious about something, there is a way to approach someone in a respectful manner, which you did not do. Being of mixed background I'm already considered an "oddity" by some folks, so yes I took offense to your comments, especially someone who is supposedly so "sensitive" when other folks make comments about race or ethnicity. If you had any common sense you would see how repeatedly asking that in the way in which you did would be a problem, but you don't. Yes my father is white and I'm half white, but that doesn't mean that my caramel complexion is somehow so "strange" or "out of the ordinary", which was what your comments insinuated. There are plenty of mixed Italians that have my complexion so it is far from an "oddity". You're just not used to seeing that mix, but say that. Don't come at me like that and then turnaround and call me a racist. A lot of nerve.

Now back to the topic at hand...

Please be gentle :D

No really, My family is from the Dominican Republic but most of my family migrated to PR so.

I still think they want to stay as Common Wealth nation, There reason they want statehood is because the economy down there is so bad right now.

Yeah quite a few Dominicans immigrate to Puerto Rico and really reconfigure their lives over there.

If people don't wish to be called savages then they should behave in a civilized manner. That said, there has been plenty of uncivilized behavior on eastern LI, primarily the south shore (especially out towards Massapequa and Amityville.) Houses without power are being scouted by day and looted by night. Home invasions are occurring in neighborhoods where there hasn't been power. Numerous people have had their generators stolen right out of their yards.

I know, you apparently condone this sort of behavior, and anyone willing to defend themselves in an emergency situation like this is clearly a racist.

As far as my comment to MHV is concerned, it's a known fact that he has a problem with white people. Especially white people who exercise their constitutional rights.

As much as I hate to say it, checkmate is right here. If you don't want your ideas to be used against you, don't articulate them.

Translation: you shouldn't speak your mind because your ideas are different than mine, and therefore unacceptable.

Translation: you shouldn't speak your mind because your ideas are different than mine, and therefore unacceptable.

No, I said that if you don't want your ideas used against you in a debate don't articulate them. I would say the same thing to someone on my side. I meant exactly that. Don't try to twist my words to make your argument look better.

Trust me, if I needed your ideas to shore mine up, they wouldn't be worth posting. Don't worry, we all get what you're trying to say.

If you have to blatantly do stuff like that, then maybe they aren't worth posting...

Moving on, what does Puerto Rico's bid for statehood have to do with illegal immigrants?

If people don't wish to be called savages then they should behave in a civilized manner. That said, there has been plenty of uncivilized behavior on eastern LI, primarily the south shore (especially out towards Massapequa and Amityville.) Houses without power are being scouted by day and looted by night. 1. Home invasions are occurring in neighborhoods where there hasn't been power. Numerous people have had their generators stolen right out of their yards.

2. I know, you apparently condone this sort of behavior, and anyone willing to defend themselves in an emergency situation like this is clearly a racist.

As far as my comment to MHV is concerned, it's a known fact that he has a problem with white people. Especially white people who exercise their constitutional rights.

1. The looting is occurring everywhere, in everyplace that doesn't have power, not just suburban LI. Coney Island is also getting ransacked.

2. When did anyone say that?

Distraction 101.

The whole racist BS wasn't too keen either.

This thread has run it's course. Lock and key....

There was no comparing dark skinned "people". I said me... It is insulting to do what you did. You came out and asked me on numerous occasions "why am I so dark?" like something is wrong with me so let's get the facts straight here. I don't have a problem with my skin color, but apparently you do which is why you asked me repeatedly "Is that why you're so dark?" even after I explained to you that I'm of mixed background, so you can forward a one sided e-mail all you want, to whomever you want. If you're going to publicize something, get the facts straight and stop misquoting people, acting like you just asked a simple question, when in reality you did far more than that, whether you realized it or not, especially when your question was answered once. Once the question was answered, there was no need for you to keep referencing how "dark" I am, so let's not pretend that you just asked a simple "innocent" question, which is what you've tried to convey here.

If you're curious about something, there is a way to approach someone in a respectful manner, which you did not do. Being of mixed background I'm already considered an "oddity" by some folks, so yes I took offense to your comments, especially someone who is supposedly so "sensitive" when other folks make comments about race or ethnicity. If you had any common sense you would see how repeatedly asking that in the way in which you did would be a problem, but you don't. Yes my father is white and I'm half white, but that doesn't mean that my caramel complexion is somehow so "strange" or "out of the ordinary", which was what your comments insinuated. There are plenty of mixed Italians that have my complexion so it is far from an "oddity". You're just not used to seeing that mix, but say that. Don't come at me like that and then turnaround and call me a racist. A lot of nerve.

Now back to the topic at hand...

Yeah quite a few Dominicans immigrate to Puerto Rico and really reconfigure their lives over there.

You can lie all you want. I didn't go up on "numerous occasions" and ask about why you're so dark.

Explain to me why I would have a problem with your skin color. I'm not a racist. This is just more of you trying to project your issues onto me. :rolleyes: In fact, I didn't "ask" anything, so I don't know what you're going on about.

You sent me that PM about how "You'll be happy to know that I'm getting a new skin cream to lighten out my skin". Why would I be "happy to know" that? I already specifically said that there's nothing wrong with you and you look fine. Why would I be happy to know that you're bleaching your skin? You say the sun damaged it (which I don't buy), and yet you're going to go damage it even more by bleaching it.

I didn't "keep referencing" how you were "so dark". In that same PM, you said "You keep talking about how I'm so dark, so you'll be happy to know I got the cream".

There's nothing "repeatedly" about me asking any question. You're pulling crap out of your ass as usual. I never insinuated that there's anything wrong with your complexion and I specifically said the exact opposite (Remember the "long, tan, and handsome" comment?). There's nothing "coming at you".

Keep trying to "defend" yourself. You're only digging yourself into a deeper hole. I could come up with a ton of derogatory comments you made about Blacks, but I got lazy and pulled up the PM.

No, I said that if you don't want your ideas used against you in a debate don't articulate them. I would say the same thing to someone on my side. I meant exactly that. Don't try to twist my words to make your argument look better.

This.

If people don't wish to be called savages then they should behave in a civilized manner. That said, there has been plenty of uncivilized behavior on eastern LI, primarily the south shore (especially out towards Massapequa and Amityville.) Houses without power are being scouted by day and looted by night. Home invasions are occurring in neighborhoods where there hasn't been power. Numerous people have had their generators stolen right out of their yards.

I know, you apparently condone this sort of behavior, and anyone willing to defend themselves in an emergency situation like this is clearly a racist.

So how come those people out in Amityville & Massapequa aren't being called savages? It's only the ones in Coney Island.

You're one to talk about double standards. You still haven't answered my question: Why do you want so much media attention for the looters in Coney Island, but not the ones in Long Island? What makes them so special? Yeah, what the looters out in Coney Island did was 100% wrong, but so was what the looters out on Long Island did.

Where did I say anything about condoning the behavior? And where did I mention anything about people being allowed to defend themselves? I just want the same standard to apply to everybody, whether it's White people in Massapequa, or Blacks & Hispanics in Coney Island.

And no, anybody can speak their mind. Just don't be surprised when those same comments are thrown back in your face.

You can lie all you want. I didn't go up on "numerous occasions" and ask about why you're so dark.

Explain to me why I would have a problem with your skin color. I'm not a racist. This is just more of you trying to project your issues onto me. :rolleyes: In fact, I didn't "ask" anything, so I don't know what you're going on about.

You sent me that PM about how "You'll be happy to know that I'm getting a new skin cream to lighten out my skin". Why would I be "happy to know" that? I already specifically said that there's nothing wrong with you and you look fine. Why would I be happy to know that you're bleaching your skin? You say the sun damaged it (which I don't buy), and yet you're going to go damage it even more by bleaching it.

I didn't "keep referencing" how you were "so dark". In that same PM, you said "You keep talking about how I'm so dark, so you'll be happy to know I got the cream".

There's nothing "repeatedly" about me asking any question. You're pulling crap out of your ass as usual. I never insinuated that there's anything wrong with your complexion and I specifically said the exact opposite (Remember the "long, tan, and handsome" comment?). There's nothing "coming at you".

Keep trying to "defend" yourself. You're only digging yourself into a deeper hole. I could come up with a ton of derogatory comments you made about Blacks, but I got lazy and pulled up the PM.

LOL!! Sure, my complexion just came up out of the blue. I just brought it up just because. Smh... Oh and I said nothing about you being a racist. That's a label you're quick to put on others. Your comments were quite rude as if I'm a specimen, but that doesn't mean you're a racist. Just ignorant as hell. As for the comment I made after the fact, that was a sarcastic remark seeing that you were so "concerned" about my skin complexion. I like how suddenly I would be insulted just because. You can play innocent all you want, but the question was asked more than once by you because of your ignorance. Yes, I do recall you making that comment here in the forums. But let's not misconstrue that with your "fascination" if you will for why I was so dark according to you.

First it was just you asking a simple question that I got pissed off about to oh I asked no sort of a question like that... Smh

LOL!! Sure, my complexion just came up out of the blue. I just brought it up just because. Smh... Oh and I said nothing about you being a racist. That's a label you're quick to put on others. Your comments were quite rude as if I'm a specimen, but that doesn't mean you're a racist. Just ignorant as hell. As for the comment I made after the fact, that was a sarcastic remark seeing that you were so "concerned" about my skin complexion. I like how suddenly I would be insulted just because. You can play innocent all you want, but the question was asked more than once by you because of your ignorance. Yes, I do recall you making that comment here in the forums. But let's not misconstrue that with your "fascination" if you will for why I was so dark according to you.

First it was just you asking a simple question that I got pissed off about to oh I asked no sort of a question like that... Smh

Ignorant as hell? Why don't you take a look in the mirror?

And no, that wasn't a sarcastic remark. I have the PM to prove it (Titled "Express Bus Detours for NYC Marathon". Your message was sent 08 November 2011 - 01:07 AM) And the PM you responded to had nothing to do with race, so yes, you brought it up out of nowhere.

I'm done. You're delusional in every aspect of your life. That's all I have to say.

Ignorant as hell? Why don't you take a look in the mirror?

And no, that wasn't a sarcastic remark. I have the PM to prove it (Titled "Express Bus Detours for NYC Marathon". Your message was sent 08 November 2011 - 01:07 AM) And the PM you responded to had nothing to do with race, so yes, you brought it up out of nowhere.

I'm done. You're delusional in every aspect of your life. That's all I have to say.

You're the delusional one... Keeping e-mails from over a year ago... Only a weirdo does nonsense like that. Well I'm glad you're trying so hard to keep track of everything though you're not doing a good job at it. :lol:

----

Back to the topic at hand... Even if Puerto Ricans vote for Statehood, I believe that the U.S. would still have the final say. Should be interesting nonetheless.

You're the delusional one... Keeping e-mails from over a year ago... Only a weirdo does nonsense like that. Well I'm glad you're trying so hard to keep track of everything though you're not doing a good job at it. :lol:

----

Back to the topic at hand... Even if Puerto Ricans vote for Statehood, I believe that the U.S. would still have the final say. Should be interesting nonetheless.

Somebody needs to look up the definition of "delusional". Apparently you're a little slow in the head in addition to being racist. But then again, most racists are slow in the head anyway.

In any case, I knew you would say something like that. In any case, with the new higher limits on the number of messages that could be stored, I didn't see the need to delete it. I was actually saving it for the routings of the express bus detours, but I guess it came in handy here.

And I'm not trying. I'm succeeding. B-)

-----------------------

In any case, I looked up some stats and found out that if you look solely at per capita income, Puerto Rico actually is wealthier than Mississippi. I don't feel like looking it up right now, but I remember a source saying the per capita income in Mississippi is $16,000, compared to $23,000 in Puerto Rico. But overall household income is lower in Puerto Rico ($18,000 vs. either $32,000 or $36,000 in Mississippi), so the per capita income is brought up due to having a small amount of high-earning households.

But of course, cost of living plays a role in it as well.

Actually, have you guys seen reports of the 34 states that want to leave the union, including New York and New Jersey?

Yeah, I posted a link to that in the Off-Topic Random Thoughts thread.

Basically, some people from those states want to secede from the U.S. But it's such a small number of people that the whole thing is a joke.

gibberish removed

Looters in general have all been properly termed savages. For someone who follows my posts so closely (by the way, I love the attention, so keep it up!), you're really bad at actually pulling any info out of them. Good try though. Better luck next time. :-)

Archived