In terms of POWER!!!!!!!! What is the most powerful bus?

qjtransitmaster

Which bus has the most HP and powerful yet efficient engine?

Going out on a limb, but I think the MCI J4500 powered with a Cummins ISX engine. The ISX can be rated at either 425 or 450 HP. ISX replaced the ISM (M11 basically) in 2010. The DD13 (another engine option for the J4500) also ties the ISX as well in terms of HP.

cause of that stupidd LBSS...it cant show its performance! LBSS makes it shift slower..of course they wont take hills...the other XD40s on youtube...they roll...they really roll...

Even without the LBSS...they couldn't take Grymes Hill for shit. The Orion Vs took Grymes Hill better than all 3 of the new buses.

Don't try and justify what I've known since they arrived at Castleton.

cause of that stupidd LBSS...it cant show its performance! LBSS makes it shift slower..of course they wont take hills...the other XD40s on youtube...they roll...they really roll...

It's the opposite buddy.

As for the most powerful, the 2011/12 C40s. Just going by from experience in person.

Even without the LBSS...they couldn't take Grymes Hill for shit. The Orion Vs took Grymes Hill better than all 3 of the new buses.

Don't try and justify what I've known since they arrived at Castleton.

With that said, the Orion V's are a bit sluggish, though it may be due to its powerplant.

In my experience, in general, buses equipped with Cummins engines have a fast accelaration, yet tend to have a difficult time running at a constant speed. With Detroit engines, it is almost the exact opposite.

While I can't say all that much regarding transmissions, Allison knows how to make the ride smooth. Personality is just an extra.

With that said, the Orion V's are a bit sluggish, though it may be due to its powerplant.

In my experience, in general, buses equipped with Cummins engines have a fast accelaration, yet tend to have a difficult time running at a constant speed. With Detroit engines, it is almost the exact opposite.

While I can't say all that much regarding transmissions, Allison knows how to make the ride smooth. Personality is just an extra.

Cummins have more output power in general. There are some DD powered buses that can match the power of a Cummins powered bus.

This topic is kind of pointless. The old Detroit Diesels were the most powerful. Seeing as 99% of all new diesel buses have the same Cummins ISL engines with 280hp, and 99.9% of the CNG's have the Cummins ISL-G most are about the same. However, it depends on the wieght of the vehicle, and the calibration of the transmission.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived