MTA docks two days pay for workers who were MIA during Hurricane Sandy

Harry

So all of you pple who are defending the TA on this...........

1) if i had gone to any of the bridges or tunnels closed and showed my pass...would they have let me through ??????

2) what if i was an employee of the TA, NYPD, FDNY or whatever and my house flooded or burned down like it did in the Rockaways ?? So that warrants being docked or being put AWOL ?!?!?!?!

3) what if i have 3 feet of snow in front of my house and i cant open my door or move my car.....?!!?!?

SOME ONE PROVIDE A LOGICAL EXPLANATION FOR BEING DOCKED OR AWOL FOR THOSE REASONS?!?!?!??!?!

I also known pple who were AWOL for no good reason in good weather and the dept lets them get away with it, so why no leancy now ?!?!?

I do know of some TA people who showed their passes at closed bridges and were let through. The TA is right for docking pay if you NEVER tried to contact them. If you did try to contact them and never got thru, let them take the two days and fight it. it's not rocket science, it's wha the union is for because they will be able to find out if you tried or not.

Also, you can't compare a TA employee to a first responder (NYPD, FDNY, EMS) because they can render aid or perform some function of their job without reporting to their firehouse, station house, or what have you. What will a TA employee do, operate a bus near their house in Jersey?

Oh and I had to report to work on Tuesday in Newark and i live in Brooklyn, I did what I had to do to get to PA property.

OK I'll admit it. I am spoiled because of working for the private sector. That's what it is. Maybe that's why I dont understand this ish. I stand corrected. :lol:

lol...Spoiled and working in the private sector??? Depends on what you called spoiled... Anywho, I'm sure these guys complaining get more vacation days than I do... I currently get 16 vacation days, 3 optional days (for holidays like Columbus Day for example), 5 sick days and 2 personal days. My vacation days can be a max. of 20 days paid but still. I have yet to use any sick days and I don't take that many days off in general since business these days is doing so well. Now I was paid for the two day and rightfully so since I was working from home.

Meaning i cant understand how they call you into a conference room the first day of the job to see if you speak and comprehend english and there are so many pple on the job who don't !!!

I don't know how you got from MTA docking pay checks from non-call to comprehending english . If your being sarcastic ,then whatever flIoats your boat to make you happy well be it. Sorry to inform you but I don't catch feelings from in front of a desk top.

Archived