Employment w/ NICE Bus/Veoila?

leelorimatt

Over a year ago, NICE didn't exist, it was MTA Long Island Bus. If you filed with the (MTA) and never heard back, then you have re-filed at the beginning of this year with Veolia and gotten a response from them. If you did apply to NICE and did not get a response, then yes, I would call them.

Brett I believe nice was advertising jobs & interviewing for jobs over a year ago to prepare for operations, especially bus operators since Veolia really had no idea how many bus drivers they would have on Jan. 1.

Good question to the OP, did you apply to Veolia or MTA?

OP, if I may ask what position did you apply for? Keep in mind if it was over a ago the position may no longer be vacant.

Did you apply for Bus Operator? I think that is the only job I've seen posted recently online that they were hiring for last year.

If so, do you have a CDL? Is it Class A, B, or C? Do you have a passenger endorsement? Any restrictions? Accidents? Tickets?

Keep in mind how busy it was at Veolia a year ago, I think not hearing back is better than getting a rejection! So yea, why not contact them? It couldn't hurt right?

Is there a number on the website for HR or option for HR on menu when you call their main number?

That's corporate, I doubt they would be able to help with a bus driver position in Nassau County (except maybe give a local number) as tey have local people doing the hiring.

Thanks guys,i did apply with veolia,and yes i have a class b.But i can't find a ph# for them

Did you check nice's website and click on "contact us"? Because it took me about a minute to google nice bus and then click on "contact us"... It took you a year to find what everyone else can find in a minute, and you want a job where nice is going to make you responsible for a $400,00 bus and peoples lives!?!

From what I've heard Veolia got tons of applications last year, way more than the spots available. I think they need driver now and are probably getting ready to hire for a class (if they haven't already) considering they just reposted their job ad for drivers.

Are you trying for Fixed Route (transit bus) or Para?

With most jobs posted with any company they don't post contact info for the person who is hiring because that person doesn't want to be bothered over and over with applicants bugging them all day.

http://www.nicebus.com/__Contact_Us/index.html

Best of luck and let us know what happens!

That's corporate, I doubt they would be able to help with a bus driver position in Nassau County (except maybe give a local number) as tey have local people doing the hiring.

Did you check nice's website and click on "contact us"? Because it took me about a minute to google nice bus and then click on "contact us"... It took you a year to find what everyone else can find in a minute, and you want a job where nice is going to make you responsible for a $400,00 bus and peoples lives!?!

From what I've heard Veolia got tons of applications last year, way more than the spots available. I think they need driver now and are probably getting ready to hire for a class (if they haven't already) considering they just reposted their job ad for drivers.

Are you trying for Fixed Route (transit bus) or Para?

With most jobs posted with any company they don't post contact info for the person who is hiring because that person doesn't want to be bothered over and over with applicants bugging them all day.

http://www.nicebus.c...t_Us/index.html

Best of luck and let us know what happens!

That's for customer service, not employment. In fact, if you click on employment, you're taken to the corporate page.

• 4 weeks later...

OP, did you follow up on this? When I went past MF last week they had a banner on the fence that said they were looking for drivers with a CDL.

Unless that banner has gone up and then been taken down and then been put back up, it has been there since I went to the public meeting in August (or maybe even before).

Archived