R44 After Overhaul, Your Thought?

N-Trizzy2609

Many people been buzzing around the 2nd Major G.O.H. of the R44s and wondering what they will be like after overhaul. This is what I think. The air-condition will be better, the bucket seat will be replaced with bench seating, the LCD Signs will be upgraded. The air brakes will be replace and the train will have new population system (Seimens maybe.)

Your thoughts?

None except better air conditioning to going to happen. And its not a GOH, its an SMS the R44s are getting. Most likely they're just going to go some undercarriage work, and body work. Dunno about floors that might be in the plans.

Many people been buzzing around the 2nd Major G.O.H. of the R44s and wondering what they will be like after overhaul. This is what I think. The air-condition will be better, the bucket seat will be replaced with bench seating, the LCD Signs will be upgraded. The air brakes will be replace and the train will have new population system (Seimens maybe.)

Your thoughts?

There will be no bench seating of R44, and maybe R46 if they were to be overhauled. Air conditioning is fine on the R44s on (A). LCD signs will be better, are you suggesting an LCD sign bar on the ceiling like the R142, R143 and R160 cars? That would be cool.

I just wish the rollsigns would be restored on the R44s.

There will be no bench seating of R44, and maybe R46 if they were to be overhauled. Air conditioning is fine on the R44s on (A). LCD signs will be better, are you suggesting an LCD sign bar on the ceiling like the R142, R143 and R160 cars? That would be cool.

I just wish the rollsigns would be restored on the R44s.

As much as we like to see that, i ment the side ones. Hopefully the LCD on the sided get more clearer and easier to read. The flipdots kill my eyes and I have 20/20!!

None except better air conditioning to going to happen. And its not a GOH, its an SMS the R44s are getting. Most likely they're just going to go some undercarriage work, and body work. Dunno about floors that might be in the plans.

Honestly I think its a mistake that they took away GOH's. Think about it, it would be better to overhaul an old car to function like a new one rather than buying a new expensive one. Take for example an R-32, replace the current route signs with new LEDS, place a strip map, overhaul interior and mechanical components. And there you go, a cheaper yet functional solution.

Honestly I think its a mistake that they took away GOH's. Think about it, it would be better to overhaul an old car to function like a new one rather than buying a new expensive one. Take for example an R-32, replace the current route signs with new LEDS, place a strip map, overhaul interior and mechanical components. And there you go, a cheaper yet functional solution.

Now THAT's a good idea.

I had an idea like that for the R32s/38s. I was thinking that they should of kept the full destination sign in a LED form like (C):Euclid Avenue and replace the side rollsigns with vertical LED readings like:

:Euclid Avenue:

:168th Street:

: (C) 8th Av Local :/: (C) via Fulton :

Then replace the interior lighting, new seats, add a F.I.N.D. system and change the propulsion system to Alstom Onix or Bombardier BT1400.

That's my idea.

That costs more though.

Overhaul doesn't affect the carbody. If the carbody is too old then it doesn't make a difference.

If there is a way get rid of those strange rushing air noises they make (aka pxssy farts)
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bring back the Blue Stripe!B)
Why did they remove them in the first place? Grafitti purposes?

Paint fades from stainless steel easily as cars are washed and shopped, and maybe too much work for maintenance/car wash guys to restore the paint after washes. Carbon steel (in R36 and earlier except R11/34) is different since paint sticks to it. Kinda has to or the whole train will rust due to the paint not being there to protect the bare metal and the train will look like some moldy rusty old graveyard train.

Archived