NYC, Long Island impose rationing as shortages drag on, possibly for weeks

Harry

[float=left]post-5097-0-07241300-1352485960_thumb.jpg[/float]New York City is trying to tackle long lines at the pumps through a gas rationing program that wil remain in place "until further notice."

Following in the footsteps of New Jersey, Mayor Bloomberg signed "an emergency order to establish an odd-even license plate system" to cut down on wait times as consumers queue at gas stations to fill up their tanks.

The measure took effect at 6 a.m. Friday.

Read more: Source

post-5097-0-07241300-1352485960_thumb.jpg

I drive, and this gas thing has really gotten out of hand. Although the odd-even thing should have been implemented before Friday given lines were long ever since the storm, I waited on line for a pretty damn long time and eventually got my tank filled. I've also noticed less people on the road and many more on the city's buses. When I'm driving in the morning, I see more buses full and packed than what I used to notice before Sandy. But New York City is one of the busiest cities in the country and if they sent electric-repair vehicles from other states, why not send gasoline as well? Obviously, what is coming from the few refineries not knocked out from the storm is not enough supply for the many people that drive and/or are still on generators.

Great.

Are you seriously saying this is good, or is that sarcasm?

I drive, and this gas thing has really gotten out of hand. Although the odd-even thing should have been implemented before Friday given lines were long ever since the storm, I waited on line for a pretty damn long time and eventually got my tank filled. I've also noticed less people on the road and many more on the city's buses. When I'm driving in the morning, I see more buses full and packed than what I used to notice before Sandy. But New York City is one of the busiest cities in the country and if they sent electric-repair vehicles from other states, why not send gasoline as well? Obviously, what is coming from the few refineries not knocked out from the storm is not enough supply for the many people that drive and/or are still on generators.

Its good cause it will reduce lines. at least here in Nassau

Problem is not enough tankers for that would seem to be the problem.

Archived