The big boys are finally here...

Acela Express

... at Flatbush.

3 LFSAs were transferred from Quill this evening - 5827, 5830, and another LFSA.

From what I was told, the Far Rockaway branch of the A train will be down for the next 6 months to undergo repairs from devastation of Hurricane Sandy. They will be running shuttle buses to and from the Rockaways from selected depots, with Flatbush being the closest for access to the Rockaways from Brooklyn.

We're expected to have 3 more later on tomorrow (Saturday).

And I heard we're to have a total of 20, for now. I'll find out more as I hear it.

Training starts this weekend; I'll be taking one of the classes before my run starts Sunday evening.

edit: I'll try to get in early for some pics in backyard with all 6 LFSAs, if possible.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's going to be real interesting seeing those buses down there.

As for the Far Rockaway Branch of the (A) line being shut down for such a time....I know Lefferts Blvd riders will be happy with the service they are getting as I, at times, ride the (A) to Lefferts to get home lol

As for the Far Rockaway Branch of the (A) line being shut down for such a time....I know Lefferts Blvd riders will be happy with the service they are getting as I, at times, ride the (A) to Lefferts to get home lol

by sunday (if they can manage while they still lift and truck R32's to the rockaways) the (A) will go to howard Beach, so it will be the split service again

I'll find out if they'll be putting some of those LFSAs on regular route too. If so, I'll be downstairs getting me one every f---ing day. You'll know it's Acela when I'm the only LFSA on the 46. lmao

Glad to hear they've worked out all clearance issues and are ready to train ops...so it's 6 buses for training now, and then the full order is expected to start to arrive in a few months? Can't come soon enough, in terms of capacity...as for the increased headways, that won't be so hot.

Glad to hear they've worked out all clearance issues and are ready to train ops...so it's 6 buses for training now, and then the full order is expected to start to arrive in a few months? Can't come soon enough, in terms of capacity...as for the increased headways, that won't be so hot.

Please tell me you've been hitting the pipe tonight.

I'll find out if they'll be putting some of those LFSAs on regular route too. If so, I'll be downstairs getting me one every fuccking day. You'll know it's Acela when I'm the only LFSA on the 46. lmao

I doubt they will, but then again, who am I to say? :P

It makes me wonder how they'll restructure the Kings Plaza stop to accommodate the LFSAs. I guess we shall wait and see.

Huh?

Sorry, I should have known you were referring to the future order. These LFSA's are for shuttles. You do have a point, perhaps they will train most if not all OP's now.

With all the crap that gets thrown around here, I don't know what the hell to believe anymore. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

What?

You're giving up the box your batteries for those? That is a sight to see lmao

No reason to restructure the lanes - they can handle those buses. It's much clearance in there.

I guess he's talking about the length of it...you know how the 46 always take up the most space, and the B9 is all the way in the back corner like its a second-class citizen lol

Fresh Pond - yeah, I'll give my NGs for the LFSAs. I'm gonna see if I can pull one out after training tomorrow for a roundtrip. :D

Side note: I wonder who's the bored moderator who decided to add on "Flatbush Depot" to my thread title..

i figured that...cause it the post you said at flatbush...so i was saying to myself...why would he spoil it in title...i thought about it and thought it was a typo...but now i see

anways...artics at flatbush!! lmaoo thats gonna be amazing to see...now with these artics here yall shouldnt need training for yall batch...just throw them right in service

oohh and the third lfsa was 5822

The usual crap you hear is from motherfuccers who assume, and guess.

I'll give you guys an update when I go into work tomorrow.

Relax man, it was 2 am and I saw training, thought of the next order, man is allowed to make a mistake once in a blue moon, sheesh. No one talking about assuming or guessing, so no need to break balls over it.

Sorry, I should have known you were referring to the future order. These LFSA's are for shuttles. You do have a point, perhaps they will train most if not all OP's now.

With all the crap that gets thrown around here, I don't know what the hell to believe anymore. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Nah no worries, I just made a mistake, which we don't allow around here any more.

What?

You're giving up the box your batteries for those? That is a sight to see lmao

I guess he's talking about the length of it...you know how the 46 always take up the most space, and the B9 is all the way in the back corner like its a second-class citizen lol

Yeah thats what I meant lol. Usually when I'm down there, the 46 does take up a lot/the most space along with some 41s. I guess if/when they axe some runs, they'll be able to handle the spacing.

Relax man, it was 2 am and I saw training, thought of the next order, man is allowed to make a mistake once in a blue moon, sheesh. No one talking about assuming or guessing, so no need to break balls over it.

Who said anything about you? Did I point any fingers at you? You weren't even who I was talking about. Stop having a guilty conscious. Lol

Nah no worries, I just made a mistake, which we don't allow around here any more.

No dude, my fault. Totally forgot Flatbush was getting an order, and honestly I should have clarified in my original post. Please don't take it the wrong way.

Archived