The big boys are finally here...

Acela Express

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah but it could just be poor maintenance out of Tuskegee....

Yeah, my post described a maint. failure. The turbo & traps have to be prev. maint. It is all in the TSB and HSO item sheet. If the TSB's & HSO items are not followed, poorly done work gets you, failures as I described.

But what causes the Orion VII hybrids to have smoke coming out of the exhaust?

Basically the same stuff, Except the DPF or CRT can also take a shit. The turbo could crap itselt causing issues in those items. The NG's have a system that send alerts wirelessly when problems are detected. If caught the bus can be pulled off the road and the issue addressed. I saw both OG & NG's shit turbos. the difference is the NG's warned the depot that it was shitting itself, the OG just took a shit.

Silly question....Do the LFSAs that went to FLA have MJQ or FLA stickers on them?

Quill for now, but they will likely be switched soon, as the buses will be there until Flartbush's assigned batch comes in.

ATU 1056 should forget about whatever injunction they got against MTA Bus and allow them to ask FR, JFK, and SC B/Os if they would like to operate some of the shuttle service, of course voluntarily. TA (or maybe even other BC depots under TWU) is gonna have to send in buses and operators from depots nowhere near the Rockaways for a 24/7 operation that could last 6 months. This is a true disaster and I think ATU should forget about their injunction this once, I honestly think a decent amount of their B/Os would be fine volunteering to run of the shuttles because like I said, this really is a disaster situation.

I don't know anything about this ATU injunction you speak of, but there were plenty of ATU depot buses on the Brooklyn-Manhattan shuttles.

Took the shuttle bus . Didn't take pics but there were CS buses, QV buses and JAM Buses

In any notice:

Gonna be fun when those LFSA's pop in the 41,44, and 46.

Don't hold your breath on seeing anything on the 41 or 46 anytime soon. These buses are for the shuttle, and driver training. If they hit any other route it will be the B44, which is still not likely for at least a few months.

Well during the storm there were BC buses from the TWU-represented depots running the shuttles, as far as I'm aware they aren't covered under the injunction that ATU got that prohibits their BC buses from being used on the subway shuttles.

I saw SC and JFK buses as well.

Don't hold your breath on seeing anything on the 41 or 46 anytime soon. These buses are for the shuttle, and driver training. If they hit any other route it will be the B44, which is still not likely for at least a few months.

I wouldn't either, but in one of my communications last week, I was given the impression that they had buses out that they didn't plan on having out due to the Hurricane.

I seen (think it was 5834) (it was a Nova, seen the window in the rear)on Flatlands Ave and E 80 St around 11:30 am today.

Looked like the driver was been trained on it. There was a guy standing right next to the driver

and it looked like he was pointing things out to the driver.

Also The "Blue" lights on the top front where blinking.

I just saw 5903 from CS and I believe what was 5933(?) Deadheading down Central Ave. I saw most of the artics from quill including 5828 which was lined up about 5 buses behind the C40LF(385) I'm on right now. Also peeped an LSFA sitting in the front lot at JFK a few minutes ago! Hey Acela, which one they gave you today?

Archived