1 train GO question

alekr

I noticed this time for the 1 GO "No trains between 14th street and South Ferry" usually there would be shuttle buses running from Chambers to South Ferry but this time it doesn't say that there would be shuttle buses. Instead it said take the 2 or the 3 to Fulton street transfer to the 4 or 5 for Whitehall Street. Why they are deciding to get rid of shuttle buses and using the transfers? I'm assuming nobody really uses those shuttle buses and staging them too long.

I noticed this time for the 1 GO "No trains between 14th street and South Ferry" usually there would be shuttle buses running from Chambers to South Ferry but this time it doesn't say that there would be shuttle buses. Instead it said take the 2 or the 3 to Fulton street transfer to the 4 or 5 for Whitehall Street. Why they are deciding to get rid of shuttle buses and using the transfers? I'm assuming nobody really uses those shuttle buses and staging them too long.

The MTA is not putting shuttle buses beacuse to save money and the 4 and 5 train stations are close to 1 train stations.

Archived